I love a good pie. A pie with less guilt is even better.
The hardest thing about making this pie is the wait. Once it's baked, you'll need to cool it and then refrigerate it for several hours. Now THAT takes some patience! But trust me, it's so worth the wait.
This pie would make a great addition to your Easter menu this year! What foods and recipes make you think Spring?
Coconut Custard Pie
Easy to make custard pie full of toasted coconut flavor!
- 1 unbaked pie crust
- 2 cups 2% milk
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extact
- 1/2 tsp. coconut extract
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2/3 cup sweetened flake coconut, divided
- Whipped cream for garnish, optional
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Once oven comes to temp, Spread coconut out on a small baking sheet and toast in oven for 8 - 10 minutes, or until lightly toasted. Set aside.
- In small saucepan, heat milk until just scald. Take off heat. (you can also do this in the microwave). Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk eggs, extracts, salt and sugar together. While continuing to whisk, add about 1/4 cup of warm milk to help temper eggs. Continue to whisk in remaining milk until combined.
- Pour custard mixture into pie crust. Take all but 3 TBS of the lightly toasted coconut and sprinkle onto custard. Set aside the 3 TBS of the toasted coconut for later.
- Bake pie in oven for 45 - 50 minutes or until the custard is set. Remove from oven and allow to cool to room temperature. Once cooled, cover with plastic wrap and place in refrigerator for at least 2 - 3 hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, garnish with whipped cream and sprinkle reserved toasted coconut on pie.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.
40+ Sunday Supper Tastemakers are celebrating the arrival of Spring with Easy Spring Recipes this week! Check out what everyone is bringing to the virtual table today!
Cakes, Pies, and Sweets
- Coconut Custard Pie by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Fresh Strawberry Meringue Cake by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Mango Banana Bread by Asian in America
- Meyer Lemon Panna Cotta by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Upside Down Brown Sugar Apricot Cake by The Bitter Side of Sweet
Cookies and Bars
- Carrot Cake Oatmeal Cookies by Pies and Plots
- Coconut Mango Chia Pudding Parfait by The Crumby Cupcake
- Maple Syrup Madeleines by The Finer Cookie
- Oatmeal Rhubarb Bars by Turnips 2 Tangerines
- Pistachio Lemon Bars by From the Bookshelf
- Creamy and Tangy Avocado Chicken Salad by Cooking On The Ranch
- Grilled Lamb Lollipops with a Lemon and Pea Dip by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Lemon Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomatoes by Hardly a Goddess
- Pad Thai Spring Rolls by Brunch-n-Bites
- Parmesan Crusted Pork Tenderloin by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Spring Pizza with Goat Cheese & Asparagus by Wholistic Woman
- Spring Power Bowl by Simple and Savory
- Crab and Asparagus Pasta by My Savory Spoon
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp and Asparagus Rotini Pasta by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Pasta Salad with Artichoke Hearts & Feta by Soulfully Made
- Simple Pasta with Peas, Ham and Cream by Cooking With Carlee
- Spinach Artichoke Pasta Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- Baked Swordfish and Asparagus with Lentils and Chermoula by Caroline’s Cooking
- Flaked Salmon Arugula Spinach Watercress Salad by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Prosciutto-Wrapped Salmon with Brie by Books n’ Cooks
- Red Snapper in a Saffron-Tomato Broth with Artichoke Hearts & Potatoes by Gourmet Everyday
- Roasted Shrimp and Asparagus Salad with Lemon Vinaigrette by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Salmon with Parsley Pesto and Peas by Cooking Chat
Veggies and Sides
- Alfredo Scalloped Potatoes with Ham by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Asparagus Ham and Swiss Danish Braid by Crazed Mom
- Asparagus Soup by Bottom Left of the Mitten
- Cheesy Potato Asparagus Tart by Sunday Supper Movement
- Herbed Lemon Potato Salad by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Microwave Carrots and Peas by Cricket’s Confections
- Roasted Spring Vegetables by Food Lust People Love
- Shaved Asparagus Salad by A Day in the Life on the Farm
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!