I've had the idea for this muffin on my mind for a few weeks now. A quick search found nothing like I was envisioning, so I browsed Allrecipes to find a suitable peanut butter muffin recipe to start with. With a few quick changes, I had a great moist muffin with the classic taste of PB&J built right in!
These muffins might be lower on fat and calories, but they do not skimp on taste. I bumped up the PB factor with the help of some PB2, but you could omit that extra peanutty goodness and still have a great muffin. For the "J" factor, choose your favorite flavor of jam or preserves.
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins make a great breakfast treat or an afternoon snack. I think they are even good enough to be considered dessert! Bake up a batch today and bring back some childhood memories!
Peanut Butter and Jelly Muffins
- 2 cups all purpose flour (or half whole wheat pastry flour)
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 2 TBS. PB2 (optional)
- 1 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter ( I used Skippy® Natural)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 3 TBS. canola oil
- 1 cup of your favorite jam or preserves
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Line standard muffin tins with paper liners. (I would suggest using liners, as the jam can get very sticky in the oven)
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, PB2 (if using) and salt. Make a well in the center.
- In a large glass measure or medium sized bowl, whisk together buttermilk, peanut butter, eggs, and vanilla extract until well combined. Pour the wet mixture into the center of the dry and mix until JUST COMBINED. Top the batter with the jam/preserves and fold into batter until just swirled.
- Fill muffin tins about 3/4 of the way full. Bake for 15 - 17 minutes. Allow to cool on wire rack.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 27 mins.
Adapted from Allrecipes
Servings - 18 Serving Size - 1 muffin Points Plus per Serving - 5 Points+
Calories - 173.7, Total Fat - 6.8g, Carb. - 24.5g, Protein - 4.7g, Fiber - 0.9g
Oh gosh, and my life just got crazy again! Oldest child graduated from college this past weekend in a lovely ceremony. I still CANNOT believe that I am a mother to a college graduate! It seems like just yesterday, I brought her home from the hospital. For all you mom's of small children, enjoy all the years, because they really do go by so fast!
The weather finally is cooperating a little better these days. Trees are finally greening up and I potted all my herbs. I am always so happy when I have fresh herbs at my doorstep to use whenever I need them.
Hope all is well with everyone out there! Remember, if you haven't entered the giveaway for Healthy Solutions Spice Blends, you have until the end of this week. They are a really terrific product that I am enjoying using in all sorts of ways!
This post is being shared with:
Share Your Stuff Tuesdays/Our Table for Seven