Would you be surprised that you can have this gorgeous dish on your table in about 30 minutes or so? That's right! I'm talking EASY, TASTY AND QUICK thanks to Perdue Perfect Portions® Boneless, Skinless Thigh Filets.
You'll feel good knowing that Perdue® chickens are fed only 100% vegetarian diets which include locally sourced soybean, corn and marigolds without added hormones or steroids. This company goes above and beyond USDA guidelines to ensure the best chicken ends up on your family's table.
Perdue's new Perfect Portions® product line is in one word...PERFECT! Each package of Perfect Portions® Chicken Thighs comes with individually sealed "portions" of boneless, skinless chicken thighs. The beauty of individually packaged portions is you can take out and use only what you need! Because they are already "portioned" there's no guess work in trying to measure out a serving size either.
We LOVED this chicken dish! It's the perfect dish to make when you don't want to heat up your kitchen. The chicken can be grilled outdoors or stove-top indoors. (I grilled mine outdoors!) The chicken is first seasoned with a store-bought Greek Seasoning blend. (If you can't find one that is already prepared, this recipe on Allrecipes is a great alternative.) The topping on the chicken is a sort of a fresh "Greek salsa" made with cucumber, peppers, olives tomatoes, garlic, lemon juice, feta, oregano and chopped fresh parsley. It's served with orzo pasta that has been cooked to al dente then dressed with extra virgin olive oil, lemon juice, Parmesan, and salt and pepper. You can enjoy this entire meal for around 500 calories! Wow.
Trust me when I say, this dish is "company worthy" but only you will know how little it took to pull it all together. It's DINNER DONE EASY thanks to Perdue Perfect Portions®!
To learn more and keep up with the latest news about Perdue® and their products, follow them on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST and GOOGLE+.
Grilled Greek Chicken Thighs w/Lemon Parmesan Orzo
Easy, Quick and elegant chicken dish made with Perdue Perfect Portions® boneless, skinless, chicken thigh filets.
- For Chicken Thighs:
- 1- (2 lb.) package of Perdue Perfect Portions® Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thigh Filets
- 1-2 tsp. Greek Seasoning ( I used Jane's Krazy All Purpose Mixed-Up Greek Seasoning)
- For "Greek Salsa":
- 3/4 cup chopped English cucumber
- 1/2 cup chopped red, orange, or yellow bell pepper
- 1/2 cup halved grape tomatoes
- 2 TBS. sliced olives (green, black, or kalamata)
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped parsley
- juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. dried oregano
- 2 TBS crumbled feta cheese
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- For Orzo Pasta:
- 8 oz. dry orzo pasta
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 TBS. Extra Virgin Olive oil
- juice of 1/2 lemon
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Remove chicken from wrap. Season with Greek Seasoning. (if using Greek Seasoning recipe found on Allrecipes, also season with salt and pepper.) Set aside.
- Combine all ingredients for "Greek salsa" in small bowl. Set aside to let flavors meld.
- Heat grill to med-high heat. Grill chicken 3-4 minutes per side or until done and internal temperature reads 170 degrees F. Place on platter, loosely covered with foil.
- Cook orzo pasta according to al dente according to package directions. Drain and mix in Parmesan cheese, extra virgin olive oil, juice of 1/2 a lemon and salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the chicken on top of the pasta and top each serving with 1/4 of the "Greek salsa"
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Perdue, PerfectPortions, chicken, thighs, orzo, lemon, feta, cucumber, Greek
An original recipe developed for Perdue® by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
Servings - 4 Serving Size - 1/4 of recipe Points Plus per Serving - 12 Points+
Calories - 467, Total Fat - 15.1g, Carb. - 47.3g, Protein - 38.9g, Fiber - 2.7g
I hope that you will look for this awesome product and try out this delicious recipe I've come up with! You can always find where to buy Perdue® products on the Perdue® website!