Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower is one of the best ways to enjoy cauliflower I have found yet! The cauliflower is caramelized in a hot oven with garlic and savory herbs and then topped with salty Parmesan cheese before serving.
This is so amazingly delicious...I can't even tell you! I could eat an entire head of cauliflower on my own when it is prepared this way! My husband, who is NOT a cauliflower fan, actually had two servings of this dish. Two. lol
Cauliflower is an under-rated, underutilized veggie, I think, but it's always been one of my favorites. I use it to make soup in my version of Creamy Cauliflower Soup (which I think tastes just like a potato soup!) and I use it to lighten up mashed potatoes in my Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower recipe. And let's not forget, cauliflower is the hidden ingredient Heavenly Deviled Eggs (and no one will even know it's there!).
Did you know that you get around 70 percent of the recommended daily allowance of Vitamin C in ONE serving of cauliflower!? Cauliflower is a powerhouse of nutrition. It's a good source of vitamin K, vitamin B6 and folate, and many more. Check out all the health benefits of cauliflower here!
Cauliflower is in season now and it's at it's tastiest when it's in season. It's also priced right! I found this head of cauliflower on sale for a $1.00 at my local store!
So what are you waiting for? Go out and pick up some cauliflower and give this recipe a try! I think it would be a great healthy addition to your holiday menu this year! I know it will be making an appearance on mine!
Roasted Garlic Parmesan Cauliflower
Adapted from Allrecipes
Cauliflower florets are mixed with olive oil, seasonings and fresh garlic then roasted in a hot oven until golden brown then topped with Parmesan cheese.
- 1 large head of cauliflower (6-7" dia) , separated into florets
- 3 TBS olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 TBS dried parsley
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- 1/4 tsp. dried thyme leaves (optional)
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. In a large bowl, combine the cauliflower florets, olive oil, garlic, dried parsley, salt and pepper, and dried thyme. Stir to combine.
- Dump mixture onto a large baking sheet and distribute so the florets aren't over crowded. (If the florets are not spread out, the cauliflower will steam and not get that beautiful golden color)
- Place baking sheet into preheated oven and roast the florets for 25 - 30 minutes, or until the florets are browned and softened, stirring half way through cooking time.
- When cauliflower is done roasting, take the pan out and push the cauliflower toward the center of the pan. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Turn oven to broil and place under broil for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Serve hot.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: cauliflower, vegetable, side dish, Parmesan, roasted, healthy
Servings - approx. 6 Serving size - 1/6th of recipe Points Plus per Serving - 2 Points+
Calories - 68.7, Total Fat - 3.5g, Carb. - 7.4g, Protein - 4g, Fiber - 3.5g
Other cauliflower recipes you might enjoy!
|Heavenly Deviled Eggs|
|Buttermilk Mashed Potatoes and Cauliflower|
Follow Renees Kitchen Adventures's board Produce to Inspire on Pinterest.
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!