I LOVE hummus. I mean I REALLLLY LOVE it! (like eat it straight from the spoon love it!) I've got a handful of different recipes on my blog for hummus already: one for a classic hummus, a Jalapeno Cilantro variety and one made with Black Beans, instead of chickpeas. Today, I'm adding another one to the group with this Roasted Red Pepper variety.
Like all hummus recipes, this one could NOT be any easier. Put everything in the food process (or blender) and let it whirl until you've got a silky, flavorful dip that won't pack on the pounds!
The addition of jarred roasted red peppers makes this version especially tasty! Yes, you could go out and buy already made versions of this dip, but it's so easy to make and tastes so much better fresh, why would you?
I like to serve this dip with cut up raw veggies and soft pita triangles, but it's also pretty amazing as a diet friendly spread on your favorite sandwich or wrap. Anyway you serve it up, this dip will be a hit with everyone!
Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus
Easy Roasted Red Pepper Hummus is a delicious healthy dip for all your parties or just to snack on!
- 1 (15 oz.) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 cup jarred roasted red peppers
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 2 TBS tahini
- 2 TBS fresh lemon juice (juice from 1/2 lemon)
- 1 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp Oregano
- pinch or more to taste, salt
- 1 - 2 TBS good quality olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in food processor.
- Process until smooth and fluffy. Can be thinned out with a little water if desired.
- Garnish with more olive oil and oregano, if desired. Store any leftovers in refrigerator.
Yield: approx 2 1/2 cups
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: hummus, snack, healthy, dip, chickpeas, appetizer
Servings - approx. 14 Serving Size - approx 3 TBS Points Plus per Serving - 1 Points+
Calories - 57, Total Fat - 2.1g, Carb - 7.8g, Protein - 2g, Fiber - 1.6g
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!