This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringIntoFlavor #CollectiveBias
The weather has FINALLY taken a turn for the better here in NE Ohio and the snow has begun to melt!!! The birds have been singing and the sun has been shining and SPRING IS IN THE AIR! Warmer weather means it's time to fire up the grill again and I could not be any happier about that! This BBQ Cheddar Turkey Burger topped with Crispy Onion Rings is the perfect meal to grill up this season!
I have sang the praises of outdoor grilling in the past. It is my absolute favorite way to prepare food! These tasty burgers are grilled to perfection then topped with a slice of cheddar cheese, your favorite BBQ sauce, crisp lettuce, red ripe tomato, and Alexia® Crispy Onion Rings and served on a toasted bun. The burger is accompanied by some crispy oven baked fries for, what I call, a 5 star meal!
My husband's very favorite meal of all time is a burger and fries, but now that we are...um...of a certain age, it is a meal we rarely eat. By subbing in lean ground turkey for higher fat ground beef and baking the fries instead of frying them, we both can enjoy this meal with a lot less guilt and enjoy it a lot more often too!
I served this burger with Alexia® Spicy Sweet Potato Fries for a great warm weather meal. I gotta tell you, I do love these Alexia® products. They are made with all natural ingredients and the sweet potato varieties come from non-GMO sources, two things that are important to me when choosing food for my family.
I've had a similar style burger in a local restaurant, but never thought to re-create it at home until I saw these Alexia® products in the freezer section at Walmart. Once I saw the Crispy Onion Rings, I knew what the first thing I was going to grill this season would be! I was absolutely giddy over the thought of being able to use my grill again after it had been buried by snow for longer then I could remember. This meal was a great way to begin what I hope turns out to be a LONG grilling season.
What will you make with Alexia® Onion Rings and Fries?
Follow Alexia® on FACEBOOK and PINTEREST!
BBQ Cheddar Turkey Burgers
Seasoned lean turkey burgers are grilled to perfection then topped with a slice of cheddar cheese, your favorite BBQ sauce, crisp lettuce, red ripe tomato, and Alexia® Crispy Onion Rings and served on a toasted bun.
- 1 - 1.2 lb. package of lean ground turkey
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. BBQ seasoning (or your favorite seasoning salt)
- 2 TBS dried chopped onion
- 3 TBS your favorite BBQ sauce
- 4 slices of cheddar cheese
- 4 slices of tomato
- 4 buns, lightly toasted
- 1/2 package of Alexia® Crispy Onion Rings, baked according to package directions
- additional BBQ sauce to top burgers
- In large bowl, combine the ground turkey, kosher salt, black pepper, BBQ seasoning, dried onion, and 3 TBS. BBQ sauce. Shape into 4 patties and place on lined baking sheet. Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow patties to set and onion to soften.
- Heat grill to med-hot. Cook burgers until done.(about 5-7 minutes per side or until internal temperature 165 degrees F) Flip once. Remove to platter and immediately top with cheese. (allow to sit for 5 minutes to melt cheese)
- Build your burger! Toasted bun bottom, lettuce, tomato slice, burger with cheese, BBQ sauce and two Alexia® crispy onion rings, and toasted bun top! Serve with prepared Alexia® Spicy Sweet potato fries on the side. ENJOY!!
Yield: 4 burgers
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 35 mins.
Total time: 50 mins.
Tags: burger, turkey, Alexia, onion rings, bbq, grill, cheese, bbq sauce
Want more? Check out how it's made!
**Insert photo of me grilling the burgers. Sadly, it was too dark to snap a photo, so you'll just have to use your imagination!**
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!