Roasted Rosemary Dijon Potatoes make a great side dish to go with just about anything! The rosemary and mustard combination give them a wonderful flavor! They come out of the oven with a tasty crispy outside and a tender inside...roasted potatoes never tasted so good!Cook time: 00 hrs. 25 mins.
These potatoes are what I served as a side dish to those awesome Fall-Off-The-Bone Slow Cooker Ribs I made the other day! They really were and easy and tasty accompaniment. Sometimes I like to fuss in the kitchen with a fancy dinner, but most often I like to make easy, no fuss kinds of quick meals, especially on the weekdays. THIS recipe is one of those dishes.
Not only is this a tasty side dish, but it's also pretty healthy and there is NOTHING like adding that fresh rosemary to these potatoes. NOTHING. Make sure you use fresh! Dried will do the trick ( you will need to use a lot less), but it tends to be woody and hard and I don't think has the same flavor as fresh. I'm so happy I, once again, have fresh herbs at my disposal on my patio. Red potatoes are the ideal potato for oven roasting. Not as starchy as a russet, so they bake up crispy with little effort. Make sure you use red potatoes in this recipe! They can be either large ones or baby ones.
I know this side dish will be showing up on my table again this summer! What will you be serving these yummy potatoes with?
Roasted Rosemary Dijon Potatoes
Oven roasted red potatoes with a hint of fresh rosemary and the zip of Dijon mustard
- Approximately 3 pounds of red potatoes, washed, dried, and cut into 1" pieces
- 1 - 2 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 heaping TBS good quality Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS chopped fresh rosemary
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Spray large sheet pan with cooking spray.
- Toss diced potatoes with oil, mustard, rosemary and salt and pepper. Pour out onto baking sheet and arrange in single layer, with some space between potatoes. DO NOT overcrowd (potatoes will steam instead of roast if too close to each other in pan)
- Roast for 20 - 25 minutes, mixing about halfway through cook time. Potatoes are done when they are fork tender and golden brown.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
Tags: side dish, potatoes, Dijon, rosemary, oven, healthy
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!