The other day I made BBQ chicken for dinner, and to go with it, these wonderful Oven Roasted O'Brien Potatoes. Perfectly browned and roasted potatoes mixed with peppers and onions, just like the pan fried version, but better! What a fantastic side dish!
Every now and again, it's the side dish that takes center stage instead of the protein. This was one of those occasions. As you know, I am a huge fan of oven roasting just about anything. I love it because not only is it healthy, but it is so easy.
Two important rules of thumb: HOT oven and DO NOT overcrowd the pan. You want to be sure to give those lovely veggies room to brown and get all yummy. If you overcrowd the pan, you will end up steaming the veggies and get pale mush, instead of what you see here. I use a 450 degree oven to roast in and I give the oven plenty of time to get to temperature before I add the pan. For easy clean up, I line my pan with either parchment or non-stick foil. I LOVE this method of cooking all kinds of veggies!
I used baby yukons in this dish and they are so good! They get browned and crisp on the outside, but stay creamy and tender on the inside. Perfect bites! You can use any kind of potato you have, though I do prefer the baby ones here. My husband and boys LOVED this recipe and I will be making it again and again. This dish would even make awesome breakfast potatoes, add a couple of perfectly cooked eggs and YUM!
Oven Roasted O'Brien Potatoes
Perfectly browned and roasted potatoes mixed with peppers and onions, just like the pan fried version, but better!
- 1.5 lbs. baby potatoes (I used Yukon Gold) sliced in half or quartered, depending on size
- 1/2 of a large onion, large diced
- 1 med red bell pepper, large diced
- 1 med green bell pepper, large diced
- 2 TBS. olive oil
- salt and pepper, to your liking
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Line a large sheet pan with parchment or non-stick foil (for easy clean up - Reynold's® makes both)
- Toss the cut potatoes, onion, and peppers with olive oil and salt and pepper in large bowl.
- Spread out onto prepared pan in single layer, being careful to not crowd them and leaving as much space between pieces as possible.
- Bake in oven for 30 - 35 minutes (or until potatoes are soft in center) , stirring halfway through cooking.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: potatoes, peppers, onions, O'Brien, side dish, roasted, oven
Est. Nutritional Values per Serving: Calories - 227.7, Total Fat - 7g, Carbs. - 39.7g, Protein - 4.8g, Fiber - 4.8g
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!