Smoked Gouda, Bacon and Apple Quesadillas are a delicious combination of smokey, salty and sweet in an easy to eat package perfect for lunch, as an appetizer or a fun after-school snack!Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
I love quesadillas in just about any form. I love that you can be creative with them with just about any flavor combination you desire and they are so easy to make. These Smoked Gouda, Apple and Bacon Quesadillas are three of my favorite flavors all mashed together in a tasty hand-held!
I don't know if it's the smokiness from the cheese and the bacon that I love best in this creation, or if it's the sweet crunch you get from the apple, but one thing I do know is that it is an awesome flavor punch! If you can't find smoked Gouda, you can substitute sharp cheddar cheese for a taste that is still awesome! I had left over bacon on hand to make these (WAIT! Leftover bacon, is there such a thing? haha) but if you don't have any bacon in the fridge, you can buy heat and eat bacon for these sandwiches, or even substitute some lean smoked ham.
What would make these quesadillas even more awesome? Some honey mustard for dipping! Kid-friendly and adult approved!
Smoked Gouda, Apple and Bacon Quesadillas
A delightful combination of sweet and salty come together in this quesadilla making for a great lunch, fun appetizer or yummy after-school snack.
- 2 - 8" flour tortillas
- 2 ounces shredded, Smoked Gouda cheese
- 6 thin slices of your favorite apple (I used Honeycrisp)
- 3 slices of cooked bacon
- cooking spray
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Spray with cooking spray and place one tortilla on the skillet.
- Sprinkle the tortilla with half the cheese to about 1/4" from the edges. Arrange the apple slices and the bacon evenly over the cheese. Sprinkle with remaining cheese and top with second tortilla. Press down.
- When the bottom tortilla is browned and the cheese begins to melt, carefully flip the quesadilla over to brown the second side and completely melt the cheese. (about 1 - 2 minutes)
- Remove quesadilla to cutting board and let rest for 2 - 3 minutes. Cut into 4 triangles. Serving size is 2 triangles. Serve with honey mustard, if desired.
Yield: 2 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: cheese, smoked Gouda, bacon, apple, sandwich, lunch, appetizer, snack
Est Nutritional Information per Serving: Calories - 372.9, Total Fat - 17.3g, Carb - 34.9g, Protein - 18.8g, Fiber - 3g
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!