This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FueledForSchool #CollectiveBiasCook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Berry Yummy Milk and Cereal Bars are a quick and easy option for on-the-go breakfasts for kids and adults too! Wholesome Kellogg's Rice Krispies cereal, peanut butter, dry milk and sweet dried berries come together in a yummy cereal bar you can make at home.
It seems like my blog has been focused on a lot of quick and easy recipes lately, and the truth is, it has. I have said it before, I find this time of year (the beginning of a new school year) to be so stressful. Whether you are sending your child off to preschool for the first time or, you are like me, and sending your child off to college, it can be a very busy time.
I sent my middle child off to college a few weeks ago, and I wanted to make sure that he would have breakfast before he went to class. He lives in an off campus apartment with two other guys and I know he sleeps in until the last minute before class and isn't real good about planning for breakfast. A grab-and-go breakfast option is important for him. I made up a batch of these delicious milk and cereal bars for him so that he could just reach for one as he flies out the door.
He really loved these yummy bars and I've already had a request to send more. What do they taste like? They are like a kicked up rice krispie treat, but a little more nutritious thanks to the addition of peanut butter, peanuts, dry milk powder and dried fruit. The flavors remind me of a peanut butter and jelly sandwich...and who doesn't love that?
This recipe is so easy to make! Make it in the morning and have the bars ready to go by the time everyone needs to get out the door or make it ahead of time like I did. You can even make it the night before (or even on the weekend) for a way to grab breakfast on the fly. These bars also make wonderful wholesome after-school or anytime snacks!
Here's how I did it!
Melt the butter or coconut oil in a large pan over medium heat.
Add in the marshmallows and peanut butter and stir until it's all gooey, melted and combined.
Sprinkle in the powdered milk and combine until it's a nice gooey mixture.
Turn off the heat and add the Rice Krispies Cereal, dried fruit and chopped peanuts and stir to coat.
Press down into prepared pan and allow to cool to room temperature. (This won't take long!) Cut into bars and enjoy!
Berry Yummy Milk and Cereal Bars
Easy to make, easy to eat milk and cereal bars for on-the-go breakfasts or wholesome snacking
- 1/4 cup butter or coconut oil
- 10 oz. miniature marshmallows
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1/4 cup non-fat dry milk powder
- 5 cups Kelloggs Rice Krispies
- 1/2 cup chopped dried strawberries
- 1/2 cup chopped dried blueberries
- 2 TBS roughly chopped roasted peanuts, if desired
- Line a 9" x 13" baking pan with foil or parchment. Spray with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In large pot, melt butter or coconut oil over med heat. Add marshmallows and peanut butter and stir over heat until melted. Add dry milk and stir until completely blended and melted. Take off heat.
- Add cereal, chopped dried berries, and chopped peanuts and stir to coat everything with peanut butter mixture.
- Working quickly, dump onto prepared baking pan and flatten with spatula or hands. (If it's too sticky to work with, spray hands or spatula with cooking spray) Press down firmly.
- Allow to cool to room temperature. (This doesn't take long at all, usually around 10 minutes or so) Once cooled, cut into bars and enjoy. Store any leftover bars in an airtight container at room temperature.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: Cereal, Milk, Breakfast, Berries, Peanut butter, Rice Krispies, Snack, wholesome
Est Nutritional Information per serving: Calories - 260, Total Fat - 11g, Carb. - 38g,
Protein - 5g, Fiber - 1g
I found everything I needed to make this recipe at Target! Look for specially marked boxes of Kellogg's cereals at Target with special back-to-school packaging and great on-pack offers!
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!