White Chocolate Chip Pecan Cookies are spectacular drop cookies bursting full of white chocolate and pecans and have become one of my favorite indulgences!
It's time for my October installment of The Secret Recipe Club. This month I was assigned to the blog 2 Cookin' Mamas, a collaboration between mother and daughter team, Linda and Christina. I was so excited for this month, as last month, they were assigned my blog! How fun is that? Linda and Christina both share a passion for cooking and baking and like to focus on "easy and healthy recipes for busy moms (with a little indulgence here and there)." Serious music to my ears, because that is pretty much my mission! haha I love that we have so much in common with our food philosophies, so I really enjoyed browsing through their recipe index.
So much goodness to choose from! With recipes like Chicken Asiago in Cream Sauce and Breakfast Kolaches I wasn't sure what I wanted to make first! I eventually narrowed in on a cookie recipe, because my husband had a taste for some homemade cookies. I actually let HIM choose the recipe he wanted me to make. After a long hard look, he settled on White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Cookies. Only there was one problem...I didn't have any Macadamia nuts on hand. That's when he suggested I swap out the Macadamias for pecans. And you know what? Perfect swap!
These cookies are perfection! Soft and chewy from the oven...I ate more than I probably should have. I couldn't help myself! They are so good! My husband was in homemade cookie heaven.
The holiday cookie baking season will be here before we know it, and these cookies will be going on my cookie menu this year! Thank you ladies for such a great recipe! Chicken Asiago in Cream Sauce is on my menu for next week, and I can't wait!
White Chocolate Pecan Cookies
Buttery cookies brimming with white chocolate pieces and pecans
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup butter flavored vegetable shortening
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 8 oz. white chocolate chips
- 1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line cookie sheets with parchment or use a silpat.
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and the shortening with an electric mixer until light and fluffy. Add in the sugars and beat until completely incorporated. Add in the egg and the vanilla and continue to beat until the mixture is very light and fluffy.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt with a whisk. Slowly add to butter mixture and mix until fully incorporated. Stir in white chocolate chips and pecans.
- Drop onto prepared cookie sheets using a cookie scoop or by rounded TBS and space about 2" apart. Bake for 8 -10 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool on cookie sheet for a few minutes before removing to a wire rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container or freeze to eat later.
Yield: 3 doz. cookies
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: cookies, dessert, chocolate, white chocolate, pecans
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!