Chipotle Ranch Bacon Cheddar Nachos are loaded with the good stuff! A spicy cheesy sauce, salty bacon, black beans, fresh tomatoes, and avocados to name a few! It's a flavor blast for your mouth!Cook time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
When Friday rolls along each week, we like to enjoy meals that I call "fun" meals. Meals that are easy to prepare and are fun to eat. Tacos, pizza, and nachos are tops when it comes to our family fun meals. These fantastic Chipotle Ranch Bacon Cheddar Nachos are a favorite with my family. They are requested at least once a month!
I really don't mind how often my family requests them, because they are super easy to make thanks to Ragu! Did you know that Ragu makes a delicious double cheddar sauce? Yes! Ragu Cheesy Creations Double Cheddar Sauce is the perfect base for my chipotle cheese sauce. I have long been a fan of Ragu's sauces and their slow-simmered, secret family recipe sauces are a part of several of our favorite family meals. I can even remember my own mother trusting the goodness of Ragu sauces in her family meals when I was a kid. These sauces taste so good because they start with good ingredients. What you will find is "cheese" at the top of the list of ingredients in the Double Cheddar sauce. What you won't find is artificial colors, artificial flavors or high fructose corn syrup on the label. Ragu offers a large selection of sauces from one's starting with vine-ripened tomatoes, garlic, and fragrant herbs to the cheese creations varieties, like the one I am using in this recipe.
I started to create my masterpiece by slowly heating up a jar of Ragu Cheese Creations Double Cheddar sauce and adding some smoky heat with chipotle peppers. I thickened the sauce up a little by adding more cheese...
and ladled the cheese sauce onto corn tortilla chips. (You can make one layer or you can make two. That's one of the fun thing about nachos, you can construct them however you like! )
Next I sprinkled on the bacon! (Again, you can do this in one layer or divide it between two.) Bacon goes so well with the smoky heat of the chipotles!
I finished off the nachos with the rest of the topping ingredients and a drizzle of ranch dressing to cool things off a little.
This is the plate that earned me a bunch of "mmmmm's" and "thank you, Mom's"
I know these nachos aren't what you might consider a "traditional" family meal, but in my family, we have made Friday Fun Meals a real tradition! We all look forward to sitting around the table, eating from the same serving plate, and enjoying each other's company...and even though my boys are away at college, my husband and I still carry on the Friday Fun Meal tradition.
Do you enjoy Friday Fun Meals in your family? I'd love to hear about what meals your family enjoys together!
Chipotle Ranch Bacon Cheddar Nachos
A delicious combination of smoky, salty and spicy flavors in nachos perfect for an easy and fun meal or hearty snack.
- 1 - 16 oz. jar Ragu Cheese Creations Double Cheddar Sauce
- 1-2 chipotle peppers in adobo sauce, finely diced
- 1-2 tsp. adobo sauce
- 1/2 tsp. dried ground chipotle pepper (optional)
- 1 cup shredded Mexican blend cheese
- Corn tortilla chips
- 3 -4 strips of crispy bacon, chopped
- 1 medium tomato, diced
- 1/4 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 3 TBS roughly chopped fresh cilantro
- 1 TBS finely diced red onion
- 1 green onion, sliced
- 1/2 avocado, diced
- 2 TBS Light Ranch Salad dressing
- Pour Ragu Cheese Creations Double Cheddar Cheese sauce into medium sauce pan and heat on low. Add chopped chipotle pepper(s), adobo sauce, and ground chipotle pepper (if using). Stir to combine and continue to heat sauce on low until warm. Take off heat and stir in shredded Mexican blend cheese until melted.
- Build nachos by placing a layer of Corn tortilla chips on 10" - 12" serving plate. Top with about 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup cheese sauce. Sprinkle with half of bacon. Add another layer of chips, more cheese sauce and the rest of the bacon.
- Finish nachos, by topping with tomato, black beans, red onion, green onion, and avocado, then drizzle with ranch dressing. Top with cilantro and enjoy.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: Ragu, cheddar, cheese, bacon, nachos, Mexican, chipotle
Are you someone who likes to create exciting food combinations like me?
If so, READY, SET, COOK! is for you!
- This contest challenges home cooks to create new and unique recipes using a sponsored ingredient, plus a set of other contest ingredients.
- Contest entries will be accepted from 11/2/2015 to 11/30/2015, followed by a two week rate and review phase and a 2 week judging phase. Winners will be announced once all phases are complete. There will be a "People's Choice" award given!
- Prizes include a Grand Prize - $3,000, Runner Up - $1,250, and a People's Choice - $750! Wow!!!
- You can enter and find out all about the rest of the details HERE!
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!