There is something about the holidays that make me want to kick everything I make up a notch. This Easy Bourbon Butter Cake fits into the "kicked up a notch category" just right. Butter and bourbon take this pound cake type dessert to a whole new level of goodness!
Last week, I shared a recipe for a delightful cake studded with rum soaked raisins, Apple Rum Raisin Cake, that is a perfect way to celebrate the upcoming holidays. This week, I'm sharing an equally delicious boozy cake made with bourbon! Joe loves simple butter cakes. The buttery pound cakes that aren't too sweet are his absolute favorite kinds of cakes to eat, so when I knew I was going to be travelling this week, I decided to bake him something special before I left.
He LOVED this cake and you will too! It's buttery rich with the distinct flavor of bourbon and bakes up with such a wonderful crumb! Perfection! It's a very simple cake to make too!
This cake is simple enough to be an everyday cake, but it is also special enough to join the dessert table at any holiday gathering this year! You can keep it booze free, but omitting the bourbon and replacing it with more buttermilk. Still delicious!
You can, of course, enjoy this cake plain with a dusting of powdered sugar (that's how Joe likes it!) or you can guild the lily a little and garnish it with some hot fudge! YUM!
Easy Bourbon Butter Cake
A rich buttery cake infused with bourbon for an extra special touch!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 3 cups all purpose flour
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/2 cup bourbon
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees F. Grease and flour (or use a spray like Baker's Joy) a 10 cup or bigger fluted bundt pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the flour, salt, baking powder, and baking soda. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine the butter and the sugar. Mix on high speed until it is light and fluffy (about 3 - 5 minutes). Add in the vanilla. Add in the eggs, one at a time, mixing well between each egg.
- Combine the bourbon and the buttermilk.
- Add about 1/3 of the flour mixture to the butter mixture and beat well, then add about 1/3 of the bourbon and buttermilk mixture, beating after adding. Alternate flour and buttermilk mixtures until they are all incorporated into the butter mixture, beating well after the addition of each.
- Spread batter out evenly into prepared bundt pan. (Make sure your pan is 10 cup or bigger, or it will overflow in the oven!)
- Bake for 60 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean. Allow to cool in pan for about 20 minutes before inverting onto a cake plate. Cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar and serve with chocolate sauce, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 15 mins.
Tags: dessert, cake, butter, bourbon, sweets
Adapted from Allrecipes
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!