This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SimpleSatisfyingSalads #EverydayEffortless #CollectiveBias
Italian Chicken Chopped Salad Bowls are a quick, easy and nutritious way to get dinner on the table in a snap! Seasoned pasta is combined with lettuce, chicken breast strips and a fabulous array of vegetables for a delicious meal the whole family will enjoy! It's a meal made easy thanks to Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips and Wish-Bone® Italian dressing!
Lately, it seems, I am all about quick meals! You would think that with all my kids gone now (either at college or moved away) I would have time to create elaborate meals for Mr. Kitchen Adventures and I every single night. But the reality is, I have found so many things that need to get done and take up my time, I often find myself looking at the clock at 6 PM and thinking, "What in the world am I going to make for dinner tonight?" Crazy, I know. I am a food blogger, for goodness sakes!
Some days, it is actually the food blogging itself that keeps me from having time to plan a meal and execute it on time. On days like that I look to meals like this one. Simple, nutritious, and most importantly, delicious!
Having Tyson® Grilled & Ready, all natural, fully cooked Chicken Breast Strips in my freezer is a life-saver for me! They help me quickly add protein to any meal. Simple, wholesome and 100% white-meat chicken ready to go when I am. For this recipe, I also called on a stand-by I've always got in my pantry, Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing. This dressing is a staple in my house. It easily adds robust flavor to salads and all sorts of dishes. It also makes a great marinade for just about any meat! I love that it is free of high-fructose corn syrup, an ingredient I try to avoid.
If you have never had a lettuce salad with pasta added to it, you are in for a treat! Pasta is a great addition to lettuce. The two textures just work so well together. Mr. Kitchen Adventures isn't too keen on having "just a salad" for dinner, but when I add pasta and chicken to the mix, he's game. Having the chicken in this bowl boosts up the protein in the dish, making it a satisfying meal, even for my husband!
Feel free to customize the veggie part of this salad. We love marinated veggies in this house, and my grocery store has a great olive/antipasti bar with lots of veggies to choose from! That's where I grabbed the marinated mushrooms, olives, and artichokes for this salad.
You can also make use of the in-store salad bar for the veggies too! You can purchase only what you need and you can usually find a good assortment of veggies that are ready-to-go. Of course, there is nothing wrong with going old-school and chopping the veggies yourself either!
This salad was fabulous and will become a regular rotation in our menus! Next time I make it, I plan to change up the veggies a little for a brand new taste. The possibilities are endless!
What veggies would you add to your Italian Chicken Chopped Salad Bowl?
Italian Chicken Chopped Salad Bowls
Pasta, romaine lettuce, Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips, assorted veggies and Wish-Bone Italian dressing come together for a fabulous quick and tasty meal!
- 1 cup dried pasta, shape of your choice, cooked according to package directions to al dente doneness
- 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian dressing, and more to taste to finish the salad
- 5 - 6 cups chopped romaine lettuce
- 12 oz. Tyson® Grilled & Ready Fully-Cooked Frozen Chicken Breast Strips, prepared according to package directions
- 1 cup black olives, divided
- 1 cup shredded carrots, divided
- 1 cup marinated artichoke hearts, divided
- 1 cup marinated mushrooms, divided
- 1 cup cubed fresh mozzarella, divided
- 1 cup diced cucumber, divided
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes, divided
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced red onion, divided
- 1/2 cup mild banana pepper slices, divided
- 1/4 cup shaved Parmesan cheese
- Combine the warm pasta with 1/4 cup Wish-Bone® Italian dressing.
- Add the romaine lettuce to the pasta and stir. Divide the pasta-romaine mixture equally between 4 large bowls.
- Top each bowl with the pasta-romaine mixture with 3 oz. of prepared Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips.
- Continue to top salad bowls with the remaining ingredients, dividing them equally between the 4 bowls. Top with additional Wish-Bone® Italian dressing to taste. Serve immediately.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: salad, chicken, Tyson®, Wish-Bone®, lettuce, cheese, easy recipe, main course
Follow these easy steps to a great meal with Tyson® and Wish-Bone®
|Season the warm pasta with Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing. The warm pasta will absorb all the robust flavor!|
|Combine the seasoned pasta with fresh romaine lettuce.|
|Top with Tyson® Grilled and Ready 100% natural Chicken Breast Strips.|
|Top with your favorite veggies and cheeses and drizzle more dressing on and enjoy!|
I was able to find both the Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips and the Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing at Walmart. For a limited time, you can find money-saving coupons for each product on the product itself!
- On the Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast Strips package - Save $.75 on ANY ONE (1) Wish-Bone Salad Dressing
- On the Wish-Bone® Italian Dressing bottle - Save $.75 on ANY ONE (1) Tyson® Grilled & Ready Chicken.
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!