Looking for a quick and easy last-minute appetizer idea for the big game this weekend? Look no further, because Quick Antipasto Pizza is your answer! With just a few ingredients you can have this sophisticated big game nosh ready in no time!Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
This is seriously one of the easiest and most delicious quick fixes I have ever made! In about the time it takes you to bake up a frozen pizza, you can have this gorgeous appetizer ready to serve to your guests!
I was able to find a huge assortment of olives and marinated veggies at the olive bar in my local grocery store, but if you can't buy them in bulk from an olive bar, you will be able to find everything jarred or canned.
I happen to like thin crust pizzas, so I chose this Italian meats thin crust pizza for my base. I love that it has prosciutto on it already! If you use a pepperoni pizza as your base, you can always add some prosciutto or salami to the toppings...or not...it's your choice!
I cut my pizza into squares (even though it's a round pizza) instead of wedges to get a few more servings and allow more space for the toppings to fit comfortably.
You've got to give this idea a try! Are you going to watch the big game this weekend? What are you serving?
Quick Antipasto Pizza
Crisp thin-crust frozen meat pizza is transformed into a delicious appetizer with the addition of a few simple ingredients!
- 1 large frozen thin-crust pepperoni or Italian meat pizza, baked according to package directions
- 1/2 cup marinated artichoke hearts, chopped
- 1/2 cup assorted marinated veggies and olives (such as mushrooms, green olives, Kalimata olives, etc.)
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh mozzarella pearls (or fresh mozzarella cheese small diced)
- handful of fresh basil
- 1/4 cup grated or shaved Parmesan cheese
- Put the baked pizza on a platter and cut into wedges or into squares with a pizza cutter but leave it all together. (I prefer squares because it stretches it further and the toppings fit better on each piece.) Cutting beforehand will allow the toppings to look nice and not get displaced before serving it.
- While pizza is still hot, scatter the fresh mozzarella over the top. The heat of the pizza will partially melt the cheese.
- Scatter the marinated artichokes, red peppers and veggies/olives over the pizza. Tear the basil leaves into bite sized pieces and scatter on top of veggies. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Serve warm.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: Pizza, appetizer, pepperoni, easy recipe, antipasto, olives, cheese, basil
Check out these other great ideas for the big game!
|Hot Pepperoni Muffuletta Dip|
|Pepperoni Pizza Potato Skins|
|Creamy Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip|
|Cheesy Sausage Pinwheels|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!