This recipe for Chicken Thighs with Tomato Caper Sauce originally appeared on this blog way back in December 2010! Yikes...have I really been blogging that long? I guess my blog age is showing! Despite it's rough start, this is a great recipe! It had horrible photos and never really got the love it deserved. So, I'm giving it a little face lift with fresh photos and bringing it back up to the top of the blog to be noticed again.
I originally found this recipe in the Weight Watchers 20 Minutes cookbook, The original recipe called for chicken breasts, but since I had chicken thighs on hand, I subbed those. It's a great swap, because chicken thighs cook up so juicy and tender. It's really hard to dry out a chicken thigh! But, if you are on team "White Meat Only", by all mean, use boneless, skinless chicken breasts here. I promise it will still be delicious. You may need to up the amount of oil you use while cooking them though.
These chicken thighs go so well with pasta. I like to serve them alongside some linguine that's been tossed in a little olive oil.
The sauce is light, but full of amazing flavor from the wine, capers, and olives. It has a little Mediterranean flair to it, I think.
You've got to give this super quick and easy recipe a try! It's a dish that gets a regular spot on the menu rotation in my house. Once you give it a try, you'll see why!
Chicken Thighs with Tomato Caper Sauce
Quick and easy meal made with juicy chicken thighs in a light and briny tomato sauce with capers and olives
- 8 boneless, skinless chicken thighs, trimmed
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to your liking
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- 1/2 cup diced onion
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 14.5 oz. can of diced tomatoes
- 6 pitted kalamata olives, chopped
- 6 pimento stuffed green olives, chopped
- 1 TBS capers, drained
- 1 tsp. dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. dried basil
- fresh chopped parsley for garnish, if desired
- Season the thighs with salt and pepper. In a large, nonstick skillet heat olive oil on med-high heat, brown the chicken thighs. (Approx. 3-5 minutes on each side) Transfer thighs to warm oven.
- saute onion and garlic until soft, about 1 minute. Add the wine and let it come to a boil. Cook until it reduces by about half. Add the tomatoes with their juices, olives, capers, thyme and basil. Reduce heat and simmer until the sauce thickens slightly, about 5 minutes longer.
- Return chicken to skillet, and heat through. Serve over cooked pasta and garnish with fresh chopped parsley, if desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Adapted from Weight Watchers in 20 Minutes
Serving size - 2 (2 -3 oz. each cooked chicken thighs, no bone, no skin ) plus approx. 1/3 cup of sauce WW Pointsplus per svg - 6 points+ Calories - 212.9, Total Fat - 6.4g, Protein - 28.5g, Carb - 7.3g, Fiber - 1.7g
More chicken thigh recipes you may enjoy!
|Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!