Today I'm sharing with you a recipe I've made for my family for years and one that continues to be a family favorite. When it comes to fish, I've got fish lovers and fish haters. We are divided pretty equally on our feelings about fish.
This is one of the few fish recipes "Fish Hater" son will eat and actually enjoy! If that doesn't speak to the deliciousness of this recipe, I don't know what does!
Preparation is super simple. Since the fish is cooked from frozen, there's little need to plan for this recipe...which for me, is a life saver on busy days! Lemon, butter, and garlic are mixed and poured over the frozen fish. Then the seasoning is added and it's all baked in the oven. No frying involved, which also makes this fish recipe a pretty healthy choice.
Terrific Tilapia Loins
Easy tilapia recipe that employs the flavors of lemon butter and creole seasoning that's baked in the oven and comes out flaky and moist.
- 4 - 6 Tilapia loins, about 4 oz. each, frozen
- 2 small lemons, or 1 large lemon
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced (optional)
- 2 TBS unsalted butter or buttery-spread
- 2 - 3 tsp. Creole seasoning (I use Tony Chachere's)
- Fresh chopped parsley for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Spray 13" x 9" glass baking dish or metal sheet pan with cooking spray. Set aside.
- In small saucepan or in microwave, melt the butter. Stir in the minced garlic, if using. Take off heat.
- Squeeze juice from one small lemon (or half of large) into the butter-garlic mixture and slice the other lemon (or other half of large).
- Place frozen Tilapia loins into the prepared baking dish or pan, leaving a little space between each. Pour the butter-garlic-lemon mixture evenly over loins. (It will freeze to the surface creating a glaze that will melt into the fish as it cooks). Sprinkle with creole seasoning. Use as little or as much as you like. We like a lot.
- Top each frozen loin with a slice of lemon or two. Bake in oven for 25 - 30 minutes. NOTE: if the loins you have are smaller than 4 oz., watch them and reduce bake time. Fish is done once it flakes easily with a fork. Do not overbake!
- Remove tilapia to serving tray. Spoon juices from pan over each piece of fish. Garnish with parsley. Serve immediately.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
Where can I find Tilapia Loins?Look for Tilapia loins at your grocers. They are meatier than fillets and we like them so much better. They are a very mild fish with little to no "fish" taste. The only place I used to be able to find loins was at Costco, but they are more widely available now.
If you're someone whose intimidated by preparing fish, this is a great recipe to start with. It's fairly fool proof and it tastes terrific! They are, after all, Terrific Tilapia Loins!
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!