Apple Cranberry Sauce
Tart cranberries, sweet apples and citrus make this cranberry sauce a family favorite!
- 1 - 12 oz. package of fresh cranberries, sorted and rinsed
- 1 cup 100% juice, apple juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large apple, peeled, cored and small diced
- 1 lemon, juiced and zested
- 1 orange, juiced and zested
- In a large saucepan, combine the cranberries, juice and sugar. Cook over med-high heat until the cranberries begin to "pop".
- Add the apples, juices from the lemon and orange, and the zest from both. Cook another 15 - 20 minutes.
- Remove from heat and allow to cool. Refrigerate 24 hours or overnight to allow sauce to thicken. The amount of natural pectin in the fruit will determine how much your sauce gels.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: sauce, cranberries, apples, Thanksgiving, side dish, fruit
Calories - 77.6, Total Fat - 0.1g, Fiber - 1.4g, Protein - 0.2g, Carb - 20g
I want to wish you all a very Happy Thanksgiving! I am thankful for so many wonderful things in my life...as I am truly blessed. I am thankful for all of YOU that read this blog, my family, my health, my life and ....(I am thankful for the tote bag I won from the good people at Foodieblogroll yesterday! haha ) Take time out to enjoy your family and the day, and try not to focus on the food. Remember that veggies ARE your best friend!