Ultimate Ginger Pecan Cookies adapted from Ina Garten
Servings - approx. 3 doz. cookies Serving size - 1 cookie Pointsplus per svg - 3 points+
Calories - 100.9, Total Fat - 2.9g, Carb. - 20.2, Protein - 1.1g, Fiber - 0.4g
2 1/4 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 1/2 tsp. ground cloves
1/2 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ground ginger
1/4 tsp. kosher salt
1 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
1/4 cup canola oil
1/3 cup unsulfured molasses
1 large egg
1/2 cup chopped crystallized ginger
1/2 cup chopped pecans
granulated sugar, for dipping cookies in
1. Preheat overn to 350 degrees F. Line two sheet cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. In large bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, spices and salt until combined. In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the paddle attachment, mix the sugar, oil, and molasses for 5 minutes on med speed. Turn the mixer to low, and add the egg. Beat for an additional 1 minute. Scrape the bowl down, and beat another minute. With mixer still on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet. Mix on med speed for 2 minutes. ( if mixture seems dry at this point, add a few tsp. of water just until it clumps together...sometimes I need to do this, sometimes I don't)
3. Add the crystallized ginger and the pecans and mix until just combined.
4. Scoop out about a TBS of dough, and form into a ball then flatten slightly. Dip each side into granulated sugar, then place on parchment lined baking sheet.
5. Bake for exactly 13 minutes. Remove from oven and allow to sit on baking sheet for 1 to 2 minutes. Transfer to wire rack to cool completely.