Janet and Greta's latest book, The Looneyspoons Collection, is a masterpiece every health- conscious, diet-minded person needs to own!
It's jam-packed with more than 325 "I can't believe these are healthy!" recipes. The recipes have all been given whitty names like "Steak it Up, Baby" (Grilled tuna steaks with a delicious chili-lime marinade) and "A Bundt in the Oven" (Blueberry streusel coffee cake). How fun is that?? The cooking directions are easy to follow and, for the most part, all of the recipes use easy to find, simple ingredients. All recipes have a complete nutrition analysis, so you can calculate out WW Points+, if you like. You will also find hundreds of beautiful full color photos, volumes of weight-loss, anti-aging, and healthy living tips scattered throughout the nearly 400 page book. As a wonderful bonus, you will also enjoy the jokes that made this pair's cookbooks famous!
I wanted to wait until after the holidays to do this review and present you with one (or more!) of the recipes out of the book. Let me tell you, I have made several recipes and I have not been disappointed by any of them. I waited because I wanted to give this GREAT book the post it deserved!!
One of the very first recipes I made from this book was Simply Orange Chicken.
This was a fantastic, tasty weeknight meal! Here is how my dish turned out...
The only swap I made from the original recipe is that I used a grainy brown mustard in place of the honey-dijon. I did this because that is what I had on hand. I was afraid this might be a dish my husband would turn his nose up at...remember how he hates "sweet" with his meat? Well...even HE loved it. The WW Points+ for this dish worked out to be 7 Points+.
I know you are saying to yourself, how do I get my hands on this wonderful cookbook? Well, Hay House was gracious enough to offer a free copy to ONE of my readers!!!! (United States or Canada readers only, please)
Here's what you need to do:
Leave me a comment on this post telling me what part of this fantastic cookbook makes you want to own it for yourself!
For additional entries: ( for each one, please leave a separate comment )
1. Follow MKA on blogger or on Facebook, if you don't already do so, and leave me a separate comment letting me know you added MKA.
2. Post about this giveaway on your blog, facebook status, or tweet about it on twitter and provide appropriate links to this post. Leave me a comment letting me know you did so.
3. "Like" Hay House on Facebook and leave me a comment telling me you did so.
4. "Like" Janet and Greta Podleski on Facebook and leave me a comment telling me you did so.
* I MUST be able to contact you to let you know you have won and so that your prize can be delivered. If you do not have a blog that shows a contact email I can contact you on, please include an email in your comment and a name( you can write out the (at) and the (dot) to help avoid getting spam) or send me your email address through my email ( mykitchenadventures (at) yahoo (dot) com) and let me know who you are and which comment is yours. Anonymous comments will NOT be included in the contest, UNLESS somewhere in the comment you have left me a name and contact information. Contest is open to all US and Canadian residents. ( sorry to anyone not eligible ) Any comment that does not meet the above criteria will be disqualified.
This giveaway will end on Thursday, February 7, 2013 8pm EST. Winners will be chosen at random and will be announced either that night or the following day. Winners must claim their prize within 24 hours of notification, or a new winner may be chosen.
You can also order this book from various sources including amazon and barnes&noble. Go HERE to find out how to order one today for yourself!
I cannot tell you how much I am enjoying this cookbook. From the beautiful photos to the great tips this is a MUST own book. I think I currently have 10 pages bookmarked for recipes I want to try and I have made the Simply Orange Chicken twice already! And... I am so excited that my Canadian friends can join in the fun with this giveaway too!