It's cookie sharing time! These cookies are soooo good. Too good not to share!
I recently found these yummy Andes® Peppermint Crunch baking chips at Target and knew I had to find a cookie to put them in.
I decided I wanted them in a chewy sugar cookie. After searching the internet for the perfect cookie recipe to put them in...I finally decided to adapt recipe for a chewy sugar cookie I found. I altered the ingredients a bit to achieve the cookie I had envisioned. What I got was a great cookie!
The result is a perfectly minty (not overpowering) cookie that is crispy on the outside but chewy on the inside. Be sure to not over bake these, so they stay soft in the middles. They will be done when the tops JUST START to crackle in the oven.
I think I may have started a new holiday tradition!
Peppermint Crunch Chewy Sugar Cookies
Yield approx. 4 doz. cookies
*no nutritional information given, as this is an indulgent recipe. Enjoy in moderation!
2 1/2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 cup granulated sugar (plus additional for rolling)
1 large egg
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
1- 10oz. bag of Andes® Peppermint Crunch Baking Chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line baking sheet(s) with parchment or spray with cooking spray or use a silpat.
- In large bowl, sift together flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside
- In large bowl of stand mixer, with paddle attachment, cream butter and sugar until light and fluffy. (about 4-5 minutes)
- Add in egg and vanilla and beat another 2-3 minutes. Slowly add flour mixture into the butter mixture with mixer running on low. Remove bowl from mixer stand.
- Stir in the bag of chips by hand until well blended.
- Scoop out 1 TBS of dough and roll into ball. Roll ball into sugar and place on prepared baking sheet. Repeat with remainder of dough.
- Bake in oven for 8 - 10 minutes or just until the tops begin to crinkle. Remove from oven and allow to cool on pan for a few minutes before removing to wire rack to cool completely. Store in airtight container.
We LOVED these cookies! You will too!!