This healthful salad is a delicious blend of sweet and savory. Crisp veggies (broccoli slaw, fresh kale, and Brussels sprouts), dried cranberries, and pepitas in a sweet and sour poppyseed dressing make it shine!
I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this simple slaw. I first discovered it when I bought a package of premixed salad at my grocers a few months back (The kind where the add ins are in plastic and it comes with a dressing.) When I read the list of ingredients, I knew it would be easy to recreate it. I have also seen the a bagged mix of broccoli slaw, kale, and Brussels sprouts at Trader Joe's (minus the add ins) just recently.
I have to confess. I've been known to eat a huge bowl of this for lunch. Nothing else. Just this. This slaw makes me happy. :)
It takes minutes to throw together, thanks to your favorite brand of bottled light sweet and sour poppyseed dressing, and it keeps well for a couple of days in the fridge. There is plenty of crunch from the veggies as well as raw pepitas and a sweet pop from the dried cranberries. It's sweet and savory and it's a nice change from the same old salad or slaw. Because it keeps well, it's a great potluck dish too!
Broccoli, Kale, and Brussels Sprouts Slaw
- 1-12oz, package of broccoli cole slaw mix (such as Mann's®)
- 2 cups of finely chopped kale (only the tender leaves)
- 1 cup finely sliced raw fresh Brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup raw pepitas (pumpkin seeds)
- 1/2 cup Light Poppyseed dressing (I used Hartville Kitchen®)
- In large bowl, combine the broccoli slaw, kale, Brussels sprouts, cranberries, and pepitas. Pour on the dressing and mix well. Allow flavors to meld for about 15 minutes before serving. Store leftovers in refrigerator.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: salad, slaw, broccoli, kale, Brussels, cranberries, pepitas
Servings - approx. 6 Serving Size - approx. 1 cup Points Plus per serving - 4P+
Calories - 151.8, Total Fat - 4.7g, Carb. - 21.3g, Protein - 3.8g, Fiber - 4.3g
This post is being shared with:
Foodie Friends Friday/What's on the List?
Get Him Fed Friday/Dizzy, Busy, and Hungry
Cunning Ladies Friday Party/Easy To Cook Meals
Weekend Potluck/The Country Cook