This recipe is so easy because it is basically a dump and go recipe. The hardest part is chopping all the vegetables. It also requires no cooking. It makes a great first course or a wonderful light lunch. You will never guess that the soup starts with a jar of "pasta" sauce either!
It's just the thing to enjoy during the upcoming "dog days of summer"! Bring them on!
- 1-24 oz. jar Classico® Tomato & Basil Pasta Sauce
- 24 oz. water
- juice of one fresh lemon
- 2 tsp. granulated sugar
- hot sauce, as desired
- 1 TBS extra virgin olive oil
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1/2 cup chopped, red bell pepper
- 1/2 cup chopped, orange or yellow bell pepper
- 1/4 cup chopped red onion
- 1 1/2 cups diced English cucumber
- 1/4 cup fresh, chopped basil
- salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- fresh chopped parsley, for garnish, if desired
- In large bowl, combine all ingredients.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2-3 hours to blend flavors.
- Stir and portion out servings. Top with chopped parsley, if desired. Serve cold.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 15 mins. (plus chill time)
Tags: soup, gluten-free, vegetables, cucumber, tomato
A Renee's Kitchen Adventures exclusive submitted to Classico® and Allrecipes.com as an Allstar activity
Servings - 8 Serving Size - approx. 1 cup of soup Points Plus per Serving - 2 Points+
Calories - 76.2, Total Fat - 2.5g, Carb. - 10.3g, Protein - 1.6g, Fiber - 1.7g
My family LOVED this soup! You would never in a million years believe it started with a jar of pasta sauce! I do have to confess, we did kick ours up with quite a bit of hot sauce! YUM!
If you find it gets a little to thick for you after refrigeration, just add enough water to make it the consistency you desire.
How about you? Are you a fan of gazpacho? Would you be willing to give this easy version a try?