Nope. It's not Renee's Kitchen Adventures birthday...but it's my good friend Michele's blog, Flavor Mosiac, 1st blogiversary and to celebrate, I've made this yummy birthday cake flavored rice crispie treat.
I met Michele through the Allrecipes Allstar program and last week she was kind enough to do a guest post for me when I was busy with life! I am truly honored to celebrate this milestone with her.
These Birthday Cake Krispie Treats could not be any easier to make! No preheating of the oven required for this fun cake flavored treat dotted with sprinkles and topped with a touch of white chocolate. They are the perfect birthday treat for the hot days of July! Or really, anytime of the year!
Who knew celebrating could be so easy and yummy?!! You will want to whip up a batch of these treats even if it's not your birthday! I like to make these in an 8"x8" pan because I like them thick, but if you like your krispie treats less tall, you could make them in a 9"x13" pan instead!
And don't forget to enter for a chance to win a KitchenAid Mixer below!!
Birthday Cake Krispie Treats
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1-10.5 oz. package of mini marshmallows
- 1/2 cup dry Funfetti® cake mix
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 6 cups toasted rice cereal
- 1/2 cup colored sprinkles, divided
- 2 oz. white chocolate, melted ( I used Candiquick vanilla)
- In large pan, melt butter. Add in marshmallows and allow to melt completely over med heat, stirring occasionally.
- Add in the cake mix and vanilla extract. Stir until fully incorporated into the marshmallow.
- Add the cereal and stir until coated. Add in 1/4 cup of sprinkles. Stir just until they are mixed in. Press mixture into a 8"x8" baking dish that has been sprayed with cooking spray. Press down with hands or silicon spatula that has been sprayed with cooking spray.
- Drizzle the top with the melted chocolate and then top with the remaining sprinkles.
- Put in refrigerator for about 30 minutes to allow the treats and chocolate to set up. Cut into 16 squares.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: cookies, treats, snacks, cake, sprinkles, sweets
Adapted from Allrecipes
Whoohoo! Let's Party! Why? It Flavor Mosaic's 1st Blogiversary this month! (SORRY CONTEST IS NOW OVER!)
To say thank you to our wonderful readers we are giving you the chance to win a beautiful KitchenAid Mixer! It has been one of the most popular prizes in past giveaways. It is probably one of the most essential kitchen appliances you can have. Plus it will look fabulous on your kitchen counter!
To bring you this giveaway, Michele has partnered with several bloggers, many of whom have been mentors to her this first year.
Flavor Mosaic - http://flavormosaic.com Life Tastes Good - http://ourlifetastesgood.blogspot.com The Life and Loves of Grumpy's Honeybunch - http://www.grumpyshoneybunch.com/ Renee's Kitchen Adventures - http://www.reneeskitchenadventures.com/ That's My Home - http://thatsmyhome.com Canning and Cooking at Home - http://www.canningandcookingathome.com/ Carlsbad Cravings - http://www.carlsbadcravings.com/ Simply Sated - http://www.simplysated.com/ The Magical Slow Cooker - http://themagicalslowcooker.com/ Seasonal Holiday and Recipe Exhange - http://seasonalandholidayrecipeexchange.weebly.com/ From Valerie's Kitchen - http://www.fromvalerieskitchen.com Love Bakes Good Cakes - http://lovebakesgoodcakes.com a Rafflecopter giveaway