Summer is the perfect time for salads!! I often make salads with lots of veggies and a protein in the summetime for a quick and easy dinner option when the temperatures are soring. This Southwest Mesquite Chicken Salad is super easy to put together with the help of Perdue® Perfect Portions® Mesquite Grille Chicken Breasts. The fresh skinless, boneless chicken breasts are individually portioned and packaged with a delicious mesquite grille flavor marinade and there is absolutely no need for any other seasoning! Cook up one chicken breast and store the rest in the easy-close resealable zipper bag for another time or make the entire bag, you decide! Since they are perfectly portioned, they are ready when you are!
When it comes to chicken, the Perdue® company knows what it's doing! You'll feel good knowing that Perdue® chickens are fed only 100% vegetarian diets which include locally sourced soybean, corn and marigolds without added hormones or steroids. This company goes above and beyond USDA guidelines to ensure the best chicken ends up on your family's table.
The Perdue® Perfect Portions® Mesquite Grille chicken breasts grill up in about 10 minutes stove top or on the outdoor grill. The rest is just assembling the salads. It's DINNER DONE EASY!
To learn more and keep up with the latest news about Perdue® and their products, follow them on FACEBOOK, TWITTER, PINTEREST and GOOGLE+.
Southwest Mesquite Grille Chicken Salad
A quick and easy salad made with Perdue® Perfect Portions® Mesquite Grille Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 4 Perdue® Perfect Portions® Mesquite Grille Boneless Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 12 cups butter lettuce mix or green of your choice
- 1 avocado, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup Mexican blend shredded cheese
- For veggie-bean mixture:
- 1 ripe tomato, diced
- 1/2 cup corn (canned or cooked and cooled frozen)
- 1/2 cup diced English cucumber
- 1/2 cup red onion, diced
- 1/2 cup canned black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 jalapeno, finely diced (remove rib and seeds for milder flavor)
- 2 green onion, sliced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- juice of 1 lime
- handful of cilantro, chopped
- 4 ounces bottled ranch dressing (optional)
- Make the veggie-bean mixture by combining diced tomato, corn, cucumber, red onion, black beans, jalapeno, garlic, lime juice, green onion and cilantro to a small bowl. Set aside.
- Heat large nonstick skillet or grill pan on med-high. Grill chicken breasts until done. About 5 minutes per side. Slice and and keep warm.
- Evenly divide lettuce between 4 plates. Divide veggie-bean mixture between 4 plates and put on top of the lettuce.
- Divide cheese between 4 plates and sprinkle over the lettuce.
- Top the cheese with chicken and avocado slices evenly between all 4 plates.
- Drizzle each salad evenly with ranch dressing, if desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 25 mins.
Tags: salad, chicken, avocado, dinner, cheese, southwest
An original recipe developed for Perdue® by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
Servings - 4 Serving Size - 1/4th of recipe Points Plus Per Serving - 9 Points+
Calories -372.9, Total Fat - 14.2g, Carb. - 22.2g, Protein - 40.5g, Fiber - 8.6g