Asian Style Tuna Cakes with Creamy Ginger Sauce made with Bumble Bee® tuna are a quick, easy, and healthy dinner option for this busy back-to-school time of year! Sort of a fun spin on the crab cake. They come together in no time, saute up golden brown, then are topped with a delicious and creamy ginger/soy sauce that compliments them perfectly! Even if you think you don't like tuna, I promise, you will love these tuna cakes.
I used Premium Albacore Bumble Bee Tuna in water in the convenient easy to open, no draining pouches, but the Light Tuna would also work in this recipe. You can use four 2.5 ounce packages, like I did, or you can use two 5 oz. pouches or two 5 oz. cans.
The first step in making this, or any other recipe, is of course, to gather the ingredients. Once I had everything out, I mixed together the ingredients for the tuna cakes. It's basically, a dump and mix sort of thing. I used an ice cream scoop to help form and portion out my cakes and then placed them on a waxed paper lined baking sheet while the oil was heating up in the skillet. Once the oil was heated, I sauteed the cakes on both sides until they were golden brown. I popped them on an oven safe plate and put them in a warm oven while I mixed up the ingredients for the sauce and prepared the sides. Dinner was on the table in no time!
Alternately, you can prepare the sauce before you even start with the cakes (that's how it's written in the recipe), to allow the flavors to blend while the cakes are cooking. It's your choice!
My family loved this dinner because it was something different. I loved it because it was so economical and easy to prepare...and healthy. Did I mention it was healthy? Even fish-hating son thought this was a good dinner.
Make sure you stop by and check out Bumble Bee's healthy recipe collection for more great tuna ideas and recipe inspirations!
Are you a tuna fan? What kinds of dishes do you like making with tuna? I like a good tuna salad on a whole grain bread now and again and I am a big fan of Tuna Casserole!
Asian Style Tuna Cakes with Creamy Ginger Sauce
Easy and healthy tuna cakes made with Bumble Bee® tuna for a quick dinner option!
- 3/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- Four 2.5 oz pouches of Bumble Bee® Premium Albacore Tuna in water*
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 3 scallions, diced (reserve 1 TBS for garnish, if desired)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1/4 cup finely chopped fresh cilantro (can sub fresh parsley if you don't like cilantro)
- salt and pepper, to your liking
- 1/4 cup (or more) with olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 TBS. olive oil
- Creamy Ginger Sauce:
- 6 oz. plain, non-fat Greek yogurt
- 2 TBS. with olive oil mayonnaise
- 1 1/2 TBS finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tsp. toasted sesame oil
- 1-2 tsp. low-sodium soy sauce
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients for Creamy Ginger Sauce. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In large bowl, combine bread crumbs, tuna, eggs, most of the scallions (reserve about a TBS for garnish, if desired), red bell pepper, cilantro and salt and pepper. Mix in 1/4 cup mayo, add more if needed to make mixture hold together in a patty.
- With ice cream scoop, measure out tuna mixture and form into a patty. Repeat with remaining tuna mixture until you have about 6 tuna cakes.
- In large skillet, heat the olive oil until it's shimmering. Add in the tuna cakes and saute until golden brown on each side. (about 6 minutes per side). Work in batches if your pan isn't big enough for all the cakes. Once browned on each side, remove to a platter.
- Serve cakes with the reserved Creamy Ginger Sauce and garnish with reserved scallion, if desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: tuna, bumblebee, Asian, ginger, dinner, easy
*Alternately, Bumble Bee® Light Tuna in water can be used in place of the Premium Albacore Tuna in water and you can also use two 5 oz. pouches of either variety or two 5 oz. cans in place of the four 2.5 oz. pouches.
Servings - approx 3 (2 tuna cakes per svg) Serving Size - 2 tuna cakes plus 1/3 of the sauce Points Plus per Serving - 12 Points+
Calories - 461.7, Total Fat - 19.8g, Carb. - 28.9g, Protein - 39.9g, Fiber - 0.7g
Servings - approx 6 (1 tuna cake per svg) Serving Size - 1 tuna cake plus 1/6th of the sauce Points Plus per Serving - 6 Points+
Calories - 230.9, Total Fat - 9.9g, Carb. - 14.5g, Protein - 20g, Fiber - 0.3g
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!Clever Girls Collective and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.