This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #FoodDeservesDelicious #CollectiveBias
I am so excited to bring you this delicious dip recipe today!! I'll be honest, although I LOVE the flavor of "buffalo" anything, I have never been a huge fan of the popular buffalo chicken dip. It never seemed to have enough flavor or texture for me. This recipe changes that all for me thanks to a few changes and some great additions to the traditional recipe.
The flavor of this "lighter" dip recipe is sensational thanks to Kraft® Lite Classic Ranch Dressing. New Kraft® Pourables have been reinvented with a new, better taste! For the ranch variety, that means it is now creamier, with more buttermilk and herbs! For you and me, that means a better tasting and better textured dip!
First off, I did not used canned chicken. Not that there is anything wrong with canned meat, but it just isn't for me in this recipe. I used fresh boneless, skinless chicken breasts that I seasoned with salt, pepper and garlic powder then quickly sauteed up in a nonstick fry pan. If you don't want the work of that, you could certainly substitute some rotisserie chicken or even some leftover chicken breast from another meal. Just don't use the canned stuff. The texture is just all wrong.
Second, I sauteed up some finely chopped onion and celery, and added that to the dip for more flavor and some slight crunch. This made a huge difference in the taste of this dip recipe, I think!
Lastly, I used a lite version of Kraft® Classic Ranch to keep it creamy, delicious and a little lighter on calories than the traditional dip. This dressing balances out the spiciness of the hot sauce perfectly. And the price is right too...you won't break the bank. I found mine at Walmart!
I hope that you will give this dip a try and let me know what you think! My family thinks it's a winner and I know this will become a family favorite for all those tailgating moments this fall for sure!
How about you? Are you a fan of traditional Buffalo Chicken Dip? Would you be willing to give this version a try sometime?
Creamy Ranch Buffalo Chicken Dip
Creamy dip perfect as an appetizer made a little lighter with reduced fat ingredients and Kraft®Lite Classic Ranch Dressing
- 1 cup of cooked, shredded chicken breast (boneless, skinless breasts sauteed, rotissere chicken, or leftover chicken from another meal)
- 1/4 cup finely chopped celery
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/4 cup (or more to taste) your favorite hot sauce or wing sauce
- 1-8 oz. package of Neufchatel cheese, softened
- 1/2 cup Kraft® Lite Classic Ranch Dressing
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped (optional)
- Drizzle of Kraft® Lite Classic Ranch Dressing (optional)
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F. Spray a 3 quart baking dish with cooking spray.
- Heat a small skillet coated with cooking spray. Saute the celery and onion until softened, about 6-7 minutes. Set aside.
- In med bowl, combine the chicken, hot sauce, Neufchatel cheese, Kraft® Lite Ranch dressing, reserved celery and onion, and 1/4 cup of the shredded reduced fat sharp cheddar cheese. Stir to combine.
- Spread mixture into the prepared casserole dish. Top with remaining reduced fat cheddar cheese.
- Bake for 10 - 15 minutes, or until cheese is melted and the dip is bubbly and heated through.
- Drizzle with some Kraft® Lite Ranch Dressing, if desired, and sprinkle with green onions, if desired. Serve warm with tortilla chips, raw veggies, or crackers.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: Buffalochicken, chicken, dip, diprecipe, spicy, appetizer
Adapted from Allrecipes
Servings - approx. 20 Serving Size - approx. 2 TBS. Points Plus per Serving - 2 Points+
Calories - 67.4, Total Fat - 4.5g, Carb. - 2.1g, Protein - 4.4g, Fiber - 0.1g
Looking for more dipping goodness? Check out these recipes!
|Creamy Jalapeno Ranch Dip from Flavor Mosaic|
|Jalapeno Cilantro Hummus from Renee's Kitchen Adventures|
|Creamy Caramelized Onion Dip from Life Tastes Good|
|Jalapeno Popper Dip from Grumpy's Honeybunch|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!