Stuffed Veggie Pitas make the perfect lunch or light dinner...they are meatless and there is nothing to cook. They are stuffed to the brim with a mixture of carrots, cucumber, red pepper, red onion and avocado that is dressed in a light garlic sauce. Seriously, you'll want to find a few minutes to make these...they are so good!
I was inspired to re-create these after ordering a similar meal at a local restaurant recently. Although my version is not an exact replica, it is full of flavor and I enjoyed it just as much as the restaurant's version. I'm also, quite certain, my version packs far less calories than the one that inspired me.
This recipe makes enough filling for four pita halves. The veggies are so crunchy, which is a nice contrast to the soft and slightly sweet pita halves. I had this for lunch twice this week...because, yes, it's that good!! Seriously, with all the great veggies coming to harvest this time of year, why not give this one a try? You will be glad you did!
Stuffed Veggie Pitas
Crunchy veggies in a garlic dressing stuffed into a soft mulit-grain pita makes a great lunch or light, meatless dinner.
- 3/4 cup shredded fresh carrrot (I used the preshredded packaged kind)
- 3/4 cup English cucumber, diced
- 3/4 cup red bell pepper, diced
- 1/4 cup red onion, small diced
- 1/2 of an avocado, diced
- For dressing:
- 1/2 cup low-fat mayo with olive oil
- 2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1 clove fresh garlic, minced
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 4 multi-grain pita halves (with pockets)
- In large bowl, combine the veggies. (Be sure to try to get all dices about the same size.)
- In small bowl, combine all ingredients for dressing. Whisk to combine. Pour on veggies and mix gently.
- Stuff filling evenly into 4 pita halves. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: vegetables, raw, pita, sandwich, meatless, lunch, dinner
Servings - 4 Serving Size - 1 pita half stuffed with 1/4 of veggie mixture Points Plus per Serving - 6 Points+
Calories - 227.5, Total Fat - 10.5g, Carb. - 30.8g, Protein - 6.2g, Fiber - 7.8g
I'm sort of sad this mixture is all gone. I really did enjoy this!! It's a good thing its super easy to throw together, because I know I will be making more! I think next time I'll throw in some spinach too! Why not? lol
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!