Tis' the season for all things pumpkin! These delicious light and fluffy waffles are full of pumpkin flavor and the spices that compliment pumpkin the best! Serve with butter and syrup or enjoy with some whipped cream and chopped pecans. If you are a fan of pumpkin, you'll want to make these waffles! (or at least pin them to your Breakfast or Pumpkin Pinterest board for later!)
Honestly, I cannot tell you how much we loved these waffles! Of course, we are pumpkin fans, so we might be a little biased! They really are a nice touch of fall flavors. I made a batch of these on Sunday morning and we have been eating the leftovers for snacks and breakfasts all week.
The recipe makes a good amount of waffles. I got about 20 or so waffles out of one batch. We ate some and I put the rest in the fridge for later. They re- heat beautifully in the toaster if you like them crisp or in the microwave if you want them soft.
Pumpkin Spice Buttermilk Waffles
Spiced pumpkin flavored waffles that cook up light, fluffy and delicious
- 2 1/2 cups all purpose flour (can be half white whole wheat)
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp. ground allspice
- 1/2 tsp. ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1 cup canned pure pumpkin puree
- 2 1/4 cups low-fat buttermilk (or more to make a pourable batter)
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- Heat waffle iron according to manufacture's directions.
- In large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, cinnamon, allspice, ginger, salt and brown sugar. Whisk to combine.
- In small bowl or large glass measure, combine the buttermilk, pumpkin, egg yolks, vanilla and oil. Add to the flour mixture and whisk to combine. If batter seems thick, add more buttermilk to make it the consistency of a "pourable" batter.
- In small bowl, with and electric mixer, whip the egg whites until they form stiff peaks. Fold whipped egg whites into the batter.
- Add enough batter to waffle iron to fill all the wells. (mine takes about a cup and a half) Close waffle iron and cook until desired darkness. Remove waffle when cooked and keep in warm oven. Repeat with remaining batter until gone.
- Serve warm with butter and syrup or whipped cream and chopped pecans or as desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: waffles, pumpkin, spice, buttermilk, breakfast
*This is not a light or low calorie recipe. So I am not furnishing nutrition information for this recipe. Eat in moderation and enjoy!
These are such a nice change from the traditional waffle. I almost always make a big Sunday breakfast, so I am always looking for ways to change it up a little.
I will definitely be making these waffles again. I bet they'd be awesome with a scoop of salted caramel gelato! I will have to wait until the next time I make them to find out though, because guess what? No waffles left! haha
Are you a fan of pumpkin? Do you like to eat pumpkin flavored traditional foods like these waffles?
If you like these waffles, you might like these other pumpkin flavored goodies!
|Pumpkin Muffins (Sarabeth Recipe)|
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!