This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and it's advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #OREOCookieBalls #CollectiveBias
New Year's Eve OREO Cookie Balls are the classic OREO cookie balls made with Mint OREOS and decorated to resemble that famous New Year's Eve icon, the Times Square New Year's Eve Ball!
5...4...3...2...1...HAPPY NEW YEAR!
Ok, I know we've only just begun to think about Christmas, but let's fast forward to New Year's Eve for a moment. When I think of the one symbol that is iconic New Year's Eve, my mind IMMEDIATELY goes to the Times Square New Year's Eve Ball! As far back as I can remember, it has been a huge part of my celebration to bring in the New Year and everything that it promises to bring! Although I've never actually been to NYC for the New Year's Eve bash on Times Square, I have seen this magnificent glittery ball sitting atop Times Square during other times of the year and it is amazing.
These easy-to-make New Year's Eve OREO Cookie Balls are my tribute to that beautiful crystal New Year's Eve Ball that millions of people around the world watch descend at 11:59pm EST each December 31st counting down the last few minutes of the year!
Did you know that it was in 1907 that the New Year's Eve ball made it's very first appearance atop One Times Square? That first ball was made of iron and wood and adorned with one hundred 25-watt light bulbs. Today's ball is a spectacular LED crystal ball consisting of 2,688 Waterford crystal triangles and that are illuminated by 32,256 LED lights! Wow!
These New Year's Eve OREO Cookie Balls are made of a combination of Mint OREO Flavored cookies, cream cheese and peppermint extract, then covered in white chocolate and adorned with silver and iridescent pearlized sugar crystals...and finished with a chocolate year. They are the most yummy way to ring in the New Year!
The next time you are out shopping at Walmart, make sure you pick up everything you need to make these sweet treats, and don't forget your money savings coupon on a package of OREO cookies,
so you can add these to your menu for this year's New Year's Eve celebrations and raise your glass to the most beautiful symbol of the New Year...the Times Square New Year's Eve Ball!
and have a very HAPPY NEW YEAR!!
New Year's Eve OREO Cookie Balls
Delicious Mint OREO Cookie Balls made to look like the iconic Times Square Ball! Perfect to serve at your NYE party!
- 1- 8 oz. package of cream cheese (can be reduced fat), softened
- 36 Oreos, finely crushed (about 3 cups) (I used Min Flavored Oreos)
- 1 lb. white chocolate melting discs
- 1/2 - 1 tsp. pure peppermint extract (optional)
- Sliver sugar and Iridescent sugar (for sprinkling)
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (for writing the year on with)
- lollipop sticks, if desired
- To Make the OREO Balls:
- Mix cream cheese, peppermint extract (if using), and cookie crumbs (I used my food processor to make crumbs) until well blended.
- Refrigerate for about an hour to make forming balls easier. (optional)
- With small cookie scoop, form into 48 one inch balls and place on baking sheet lined with waxed paper. Freeze for at least 10 minutes (or longer.The colder they are, the easier they are to coat with the melted chocolate.)
- To Customize your OREO Balls:
- To put on a stick, insert stick into melted white chocolate and then into the cold Oreo ball. Dip into melted white chocolate, and shake off excess. Sprinkle with sugars. Place with ball up in a mug. Put in freezer. If making balls that are not on sticks. dip into white chocolate, coating all sides and place on waxed paper lined baking sheet. Sprinkle with sugars. Freeze.
- Once the coated and sugared balls have been in the freezer for about 30 minutes, remove to write on the year. Melt chips and pour into a plastic bag. Snip corner and write year on each ball. Return to freezer or refrigerator to allow the chocolate numbers to set. Store in freezer or refrigerator until ready to serve.
Yield: Approx. 48 balls
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Cook time: 01 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 1 hrs. 20 mins.
Tags: Oreo, cookies, candies, holiday, sweets, cream cheese
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!