Meyer Lemon Parmesan Chicken is a great weeknight dinner option! Chicken breasts are coated in a crispy panko/Meyer lemon/Parmesan cheese breading, pan sauteed and finished with faux Hollandaise sauce. Simple and delicious!
It's time, once again, for another installment of "The Secret Recipe Club" reveal! This month, I was assigned to the blog, Cheese Curd in Paradise. Ashley's blog is so full of goodness, I had a hard time choosing a recipe to make for today's post! I bookmarked a few recipes that really caught my eye: Grapefruit Olive Oil Cake, Caprese Macaroni and Cheese, and Tart Cherry Galette to name a few. Ashley's recipes are full of flavors my family enjoys!
When I spotted this recipe for Crispy Parmesan Chicken with Lemon Hollandaise I immediately knew I wanted to make this for my post and use up the rest of the Meyer Lemons I had in the fridge from the Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake I made a few weeks ago.
Instead of making a real deal Hollandaise sauce to top the chicken, I opted for a for a more figure friendly faux version. It's not the real thing, but it's thick and creamy and compliments this chicken wonderfully!
This chicken dish was absolutely delicious and will make a regular appearance on my menus. It has a great crunch and the creamy sauce just takes it over the top! Thank you Ashley for this great recipe!
Meyer Lemon Parmesan Chicken
Chicken breasts are coated in a crispy panko/Meyer lemon/Parmesan cheese breading, pan sauteed and finished with faux Hollandaise sauce. Simple and delicious!
- For the chicken:
- 4 - 4oz. boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup Eggbeaters
- 3/4 cup plain panko bread crumbs
- 1-2 tsp. Meyer lemon zest
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. kosher salt, divided
- 1 TBS dried or fresh chopped parsley
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 TBS grated Parmesan cheese
- 3 TBS olive oil or corn oil
- For the Faux Hollandaise sauce:
- 1/2 cup reduced fat mayonnaise (I used the Olive oil kind)
- 1/2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- Juice of half a Meyer Lemon
- 2 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- Kosher salt, to taste
- In a shallow bowl, combine the flour and 1/2 tsp. kosher salt and 1/4 tsp. black pepper. Pour the Eggbeaters into another shallow bowl. In a third shallow bowl, combine the panko, 1/2 tsp kosher salt, 1/4 black pepper, Meyer lemon zest, parsley, garlic powder and Parmesan cheese.
- Heat a large skillet over med-high heat. Add the oil. Take the chicken, once piece at a time, and first coat in flour mixture, then eggbeaters, then panko mixture and put into hot oil, being careful not to overcrowd the pan.
- Cook on the first side for about 4-5 minutes, or until golden brown, flip, and cook on the other side until golden brown and chicken is done (internal temperature of 170 degrees F).
- Remove chicken to platter and hold in warm oven while you prepare the sauce.
- To make sauce: Whisk the mayonnaise, Dijon mustard, Meyer lemon juice and melted butter together in small bowl. Heat mixture in microwave for 1 minute on HIGH or until sauce is warm.
- Serve chicken with sauce. Enjoy!
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: chicken, lemon, Meyer Lemon, dinner, easy recipe
Servings - 4 Serving Size - 1 breast with 1/4 of sauce Points Plus per Serving - 10 Points+
*Calories - 388.6, Total Fat - 18.8g, Carb - 24.4g, Protein - 27.9g, Fiber - 0.3g
*nutritional information was calculated using the full amount of the breading ingredients. The results can vary depending on how much of the ingredients are actually used in the finished product.
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!