Broccoli and Grape Pasta Salad is a great choice for any summer get together! Bow tie pasta, fresh broccoli, sweet grapes and salty bacon come together in a light mayonnaise based sauce for a wonderful combination of textures and flavors.
It's the second Monday of the month and that means it's time for this month's Secret Recipe Club reveal. This month I was assigned to the blog Flavors by Four. Flavors by Four is a blog run by mother and daughter foodies Susan and Nicole where they take turns sharing all kinds of delicious recipes!
Once again, like I have every month this year, I had a difficult time choosing a recipe to make and highlight. I've had a difficult time because there have been so many excellent recipes to choose from and the blog, Flavors by Four, was no exception. I bookmarked several recipes to try including this Vegetable Frittata, these Oatmeal Fudge Bars, and this Greek Orzo Salad...but ultimately, I decided on this Broccoli and Grape Pasta Salad because it reminded me of one of my favorite choices on the salad bar at Ruby Tuesdays restaurant.
I will warn you, this recipe makes A LOT of salad! So it's perfect for all those upcoming summer BBQ's and occasions where you need to bring a dish to share! If you are making this for your family at home you might want to halve the recipe.
I loved the sweet "pop" of the grapes in this salad! It was a really nice contrast to the salty bacon and the broccoli. This was one of Nicole's recipes and she used pecans in her salad, but since I was trying to mimic that salad I love from Ruby Tuesdays, I replaced the pecans with sunflower seeds in my version. Otherwise, I made the recipe as it was written.
With my son's upcoming graduation party this summer, I know I will be making this salad again! We all enjoyed it and I think it would be a great addition to the menu for the party! Thank you Nicole for a great recipe!
Broccoli and Grape Pasta Salad
Bow tie pasta, fresh broccoli, sweet grapes and salty bacon come together in a light mayonnaise based sauce for a wonderful combination of flavors.
- 1- 12 ounce box of bow-tie pasta
- 2 lbs. fresh broccoli florets
- 4 cups seedless, red grapes, halved
- 3/4 roasted, salted and shelled sunflower seeds
- 12 slices of bacon, cripsy cooked and crumbled
- 1/3 cup finely diced red onion
- 2 cups reduced fat mayonnaise
- 2/3 cup red wine vinegar or apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- Cook pasta according to package directions in well salted water to al dente, drain and rinse with cold water.
- In VERY LARGE bowl, whisk the mayonnaise, vinegar, sugar, salt and pepper. Add in the cooked and rinsed pasta, broccoli, grapes, sunflower seeds, bacon and red onions. Mix well to coat in dressing.
- Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight to allow flavors to combine and pasta to get cold.
Yield: 24 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.Cook time: 00 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: salad, broccoli, pasta, grapes, side dish Like what you see?
Adapted from Flavors by Four
Follow RKA on all these social networks!!