This post has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SwapMilk4Silk #CollectiveBias
You will not believe that this delicious, tender and moist Fresh Peach Yogurt Cake is totally diary free, thanks to Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk and Silk® Yogurt Alternative. Fresh peaches and peach flavored yogurt alternative flavor this yummy treat making it a recipe you'll want to make again and again!
One of my very favorite quick cake recipes is one that I have made numerous times in the past: Vanilla Bean Yogurt Cake. The original recipe is from Ina Garten and it's really a spectacular recipe as written...but it's full of diary products. Since my youngest son has sworn off dairy products because he found they tend to worsen his acne, under the advice of our dermatologist, we've swapped out most milk in this house for alternative dairy products.
One day, it occurred to me that I could re-create this wonderful yogurt cake swapping the dairy products for Silk® alternative dairy products (Almond Milk and Yogurt) in the recipe, making it a treat my son could enjoy again. With peach season at it's peak right now (and they have been just outstanding this year), I decided to flavor the cake with peaches. Much to my delight, I was able to find Silk® Yogurt Alternative in a Peach and Mango flavor at Walmart, which enhanced the peach flavor of the cake perfectly!
This cake turned out so good!!! Really, really good! The fresh peaches were the perfect touch! You could swap out the peaches for just about any fresh fruit you like...strawberries, blueberries, blackberries...the possibilities are almost endless. The Silk® Yogurt Alternative comes in several different varieties, including vanilla to compliment about any fruit you might want to use.
I decided to bake this cake in a 10" cast iron skillet. I love to bake in my cast iron skillet. If you don't own a cast iron skillet (but really, why don't you? They are amazing vessels!!) , you can also make this recipe in a 9" cake pan.
I feel really good about swapping dairy products in my house with Silk® products. Did you know that Silk® Almond Milk has 50% more calcium than a glass of dairy milk? With teens in the house, adequate calcium intake is important to me. Silk® Almond Milk is also plant-based, cholesterol free, has no saturated fat and is Non GMO project verified. And...because it tastes so delicious, making the switch was so easy for my family! It's also available in 7 different varieties! My favorite variety is the Light Vanilla Almond Milk. It tastes so good on cereal and in my morning oatmeal, I don't miss dairy milk at all. And the light variety is about half the calories of skim milk! What's not to love about that? My sons both love the Unsweetened Almond Milk and the Chocolate Cashew Milk. Heck...they are all good!
While shopping for ingredients for this cake, I was thrilled to find shelf-stable single six packs of Silk® Almond Milk in the juice aisle at Walmart! With my son going off to college in a few weeks, this is a very convenient way for him to have his Silk away at college in his dorm room, where refrigerator space is limited. Of course the single packs carry all the same nutritional qualities as the refrigerated half gallons. I picked up a few packages for him to pack. They will be so helpful when he is on-the-go!
You can use either the refrigerated half gallons of Silk® or the single six-packs for this cake recipe. Look for the Silk® Yogurt Alternative in the refrigerated section by all the other yogurt brands.
Fresh Peach Yogurt Cake (Dairy-Free)
Fresh peaches and Silk® dairy alternative products make this moist and tender, quick and easy cake a dairy free family favorite!
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 tsp. fresh grated nutmeg
- 1 cup Silk® Yogurt Alternative in Peach and Mango flavor
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 2 - 3 medium sized fresh peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced into 1/4" slices
- 1 tsp. granulated sugar
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 - 2 TBS Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly spray a 10" cast iron skillet with cooking spray or a 9" loaf pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and salt with a whisk. Set aside.
- In a large glass measure or small bowl, combine the Silk® Yogurt Alternative, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, eggs, and vanilla extract with whisk. Pour into bowl with flour mixture and whisk until combined.
- Add oil and whisk until oil is completely incorporated.
- Pour batter into prepared pan, and smooth top. Place sliced peaches on top of cake, pressing down slightly. Sprinkle cake with 1 tsp. granulated sugar.
- Bake in oven for 40 - 45 minutes, or until golden brown and a toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- Allow cake to cool for 30 minutes. In small bowl combine the powdered sugar and Silk® Unsweetened Vanilla Almond Milk to make a smooth glaze. Drizzle glaze over the top of the cake. You can enjoy this cake warm or cold.
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 55 mins.
Tags: peach, cake, almond milk, Silk®, dessert, easy recipe, cbias
The Step-by-Step Process...
For more information on Silk® Alternative Dairy Products and lots of delicious recipe ideas visit this website. How will you swap dairy for Silk®?
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!