One Bowl Chocolate Caramel Brownies are a decadent treat for any chocolate lover. Who doesn't love rich fudgy brownies? Add some chocolate caramel filled candies to the batter and you've got a dessert that will excite any choco-holic.
I've been so busy this summer, quick and easy has been the name of the game. This One Bowl Chocolate Caramel Brownie recipe fits my needs, and honestly, it's as easy as opening a box of brownie mix but tastes so much better! Everything is whisked together in one big bowl which is not only super easy, but saves you clean up time!
This recipe uses unsweetened chocolate, which you can buy in bars and melt in the microwave with the butter or, take the even easier route, and buy in pre-melted pouches. I decided to add chocolate caramel candies as another layer of great flavor to the basic recipe. I love that you can buy your favorite candies now in mini sizes. They are perfect for adding into things like these brownies! There are also caramel filled chocolate chips available, which would work great in this recipe too!
These brownies were requested by my middle son before he went back to college. He loves sweets and he loved these delicious brownies. I'm already thinking about making them again and switching up the candies I add! So many possibilities!
One Bowl Chocolate Caramel Brownies
Easy fudgy brownies made in one bowl for easy clean up!
- 4 - 1 ounce squares or premelted pouches of unsweetened chocolate
- 3/4 cup unsalted butter
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1 heaping tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. instant espresso or instant coffee dissolved in 1 TBS hot water (optional)
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 - 8 ounce package of caramel filled milk chocolate candies or chips
- Spray a 9" x 13" baking pan with cooking spray. Line with parchment or non-stick foil, allowing the paper to hang over the edges of the long sides of the pan for easy removal. Spray paper or foil with a little more cooking spray.
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- If using chocolate blocks, put chocolate and butter in microwave safe bowl and microwave on high until melted. (About 2 minutes or so). If using pre-melted chocolate, melt the butter in microwave on HIGH.
- In large bowl, combine the melted chocolate, melted butter and sugar. Mix with a whisk. Add in the eggs, vanilla extract and dissolved coffee (if using). Whisk until combined.
- Add the flour and salt. Whisk until batter is thick. Stir in candies. Pour into prepared pan and spread into even layer.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes. DO NOT overbake! Brownies are done when edges are crisp and middle is set. Cool completely before cutting into servings.
Yield: 24 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 45 mins.
Tags: dessert, chocolate, caramel, brownies, indulgence, cookies
Adapted from Allrecipes
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!