These scrumptious Peach and Banana Frozen Fruit Bars could not be any easier to make! They are a healthy frozen treat kids and adults alike will love!
Summer is slowing winding down here in NE Ohio, and cooler weather is pushing it's way in, but I know it's still HOT in many parts of the country. That is why I chose this recipe to make from my Secret Recipe Club blog reveal for September!
This month, I was assigned to the blog Searching For Spice written by Corina. I love this blog and I am so happy to have had the chance to discover it through SRC!! Corina says she loves to cook with spices and discover new ones and that is how the name of her blog was born. When you browse her recipes, you can see that lots of flavor is important to her. She is a mom of two young children, but still finds the time to cook and bake what she likes.
There were many titles in her archives that caught my eye. This Cucumber and Noodle Salad with Peanut Dressing sounds amazing, as does this Indonesian Pork Tenderloin! I imagine both of these dishes are full of great flavor. I ultimately decided to make Corina's Peach and Banana Ice Lollipops for my reveal today because they were so easy to prepare and so very healthy!
These frozen fruit bars make a great ending to any meal or a healthy afternoon snack! Heck, they are even healthy enough to make a grab-and-go breakfast! And did I mention they are delicious?
I kept this simple recipe true to the way Corina originally wrote it, except I used Almond milk in place of the Greek Yogurt to keep them dairy free for my son! One thing I did discover is that the banana, over time, in the frozen bar, will turn dark brown. The change in color doesn't interfere with the flavor at all. My whole family agreed that this "ice lollipop" deserved two thumbs up!
Thanks Corina for this great recipe!
Hop over to Corina's blog, Searching for Spice, and browse her recipes!
You'll be glad you did!
Peach and Banana Frozen Fruit Bars
Healthy and delicious homemade frozen fruit bars made with pureed peaches, bananas and almond milk.
- 2-3 ripe peaches, peeled and pitted, then cut into chunks.
- 1-2 medium ripe bananas, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 TBS Almond Milk (or Greek Yogurt)
- In a large blender, add in the fresh peach chunks and blend until smooth. Spoon into the bottom of 6 Popsicle molds.
- Rinse out blender and add banana and almond milk. Blend until smooth. Spoon mixture onto of peach puree in the Popsicle molds. Insert a stick and freeze for several hours until they are completely frozen.
- Run under warm water to remove the Popsicles from the molds when they are frozen. Store uneaten treats in a zipper plastic bag in the freezer.
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
Tags: SRC, frozen fruit, fruit, healthy, treat, dessert
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!