Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili has become one of my favorite dishes to serve on a cold night! Full of tender chicken thighs, white beans and just enough spice to give it some zest!
While the weather has not been horrible for this time of the year yet, we have had some cold, raw days scattered throughout the month. When the weather gets like that, all I can think about is warm soups, stews and chilis! Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili is an wonderful recipe for a warming chili that will become a family favorite!
I LOVE that this chili is made in the slow cooker! My slow cooker doesn't see much action in the warmer months, but as soon as there is a chill in the air, I'm pulling it out and looking for some great recipes to cook in it. This recipe is perfect! It calls for boneless, skinless chicken thighs. If you aren't a fan of chicken thighs, you really need to give them another chance. Chicken thighs are wonderful in the slow cooker, because they can take the low and slow cooking time and still remain moist. In this recipe, the chicken gets so tender, it just pulls apart with a spoon. It's a beautiful thing!
Of course, I understand if you haven't, and won't, join the chicken thigh camp. You can use boneless, skinless chicken breasts in place of the thighs, but you will need to reduce cook time in order to keep them from drying out.
The chili is thickened by mashing a few cans of the drained and rinsed beans in the bottom of the slow cooker before adding the rest of the ingredients. This works so well. The rest of the recipe is merely dumping the ingredients into the slow cooker and turning it on! So, so easy!
Since this recipe is a really healthy take on chili, I garnished my chili with some sliced radishes and a little fresh cilantro to keep it that way. Feel free to garnish yours however you like! I served this chili with some corn muffins for a wonderful warming meal, and since it's made in the slow cooker, it's even a great recipe for those busy weeknights too!
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili
Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili has become one of my favorite recipes to serve on a cold night! Full of tender chicken thighs, white beans and just enough spice to give it some zest!
- 4 - 15 oz. cans white beans, rinsed and drained (Great Northern or Cannelini is fine)
- 2 - 3 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 2 - 10 oz. cans diced tomatoes with chilies, undrained
- 1 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 1 1/2 tsp. ground cumin
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Spray crock of a 6 quart or bigger slow cooker with some cooking spray.
- Mash 2 cans of the white beans in the bottom of the crock with a potato masher or fork.
- Add onion, celery, and garlic. Top with chicken thighs. Sprinkle with cumin and oregano. Add tomatoes, chicken broth and remaining cans of beans ( do not mash).
- Cook on LOW for 6 - 8 hours or on HIGH for 4 hours. Garnish as desired.
Yield: about 5 quarts
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 8 hrs. 10 mins.
Tags: slow cooker, chili, chicken, beans, tomatoes
Adapted from Allrecipes
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!
Facebook, Twitter, Google+, Pinterest, and Instagram
Check out all the delicious dishes the #sundaysupper family is cooking up to keep you warm and cozy!
- Drunken Pumpkin Spice Latte by Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Hot Mulled Caramel Apple Sangria by The Crumby Cupcake
- Mexican Atole by Curious Cuisiniere
- Gluten Free Hot Spiked Apple Cider by Gluten Free Crumbley
- Apple Pear Crisp by The Freshman Cook
- Bananas Foster by Pies and Plots
- Chocolate Hazelnut Lava Cake by Brunch with Joy
- Fudge Pudding Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Honeycrisp Apple Tart by The Redhead Baker
- Pumpkin Cheesecake in Pumpkins by Desserts Required
- Warm Cardamom and Coconut Rice Pudding by Fearless Dining
- Beef Brats and Beans Soup by Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Beef Pot Pie with Herbed Biscuits by From Gate to Plate
- Best Ever White Bean and Mushroom Soup by Pancake Warriors
- Braised Venison with Plums by Food Lust People Love
- Butternut Squash Chili by Amee's Savory Dish
- Butternut Squash Risotto with Pears and Sage by The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Carbonnade Flamande by Tara's Multicultural Table
- Classic Italian Meat Sauce by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Creamy Cauliflower Broccoli Cheese Soup by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Hearty Chickpea Soup by The Food Hunter's Guide to Cuisine
- Creamy Stove-Top Alfredo with Bacon and Green Beans by Peaceful Cooking
- Crockpot Creamy Chicken and Noodles by Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Curry Debal by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Sweet Potato Soup by Healing Tomato
- Easy Zuppa Toscana Soup Copycat by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- French Onion Soup by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Gingered Butternut Squash Soup by Noshing With The Nolands
- Hearty Turkey Lentil Soup by A Gouda Life
- Hearty Vegetable Beef Soup by Party Food and Entertaining
- Mango Habanero Sauce by What Smells So Good?
- Oxtail Stew by Nosh My Way
- Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls with Maple Cream Cheese Frosting by Serena Bakes Simply from Scratch
- Red Lentil Soup by My San Francisco Kitchen
- Roasted Squash Soup by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Turkey Enchilada Casserole with Salsa Verde by Food Done Light
- Slow Cooker English Roast by Wholistic Woman
- Slow Cooker Lamb Rogan Josh by Caroline's Cooking
- Easy Slow Cooker Pot Roast with Mushroom Gravy by Feeding Big
- Slow Cooker White Chicken Chili by Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Spice Rubbed Braised Beef by FamFriendsFood
- Spicy Meatball Tortilla Soup by The Weekend Gourmet
- Sweet Potato Soup with Bacon by Cooking Chat
- Turkey Chipotle Chili by The Complete Savorist
- Tuscan White Bean Soup with Ham by Big Bear's Wife