Turkey Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad is a delightful mixture of crunchy, sweet and savory flavors and a GREAT way to use up any leftover turkey or chicken!
I don't know about all of you, but I've got leftovers galore in my fridge. I always say I'm going to cut back on what I serve at Thanksgiving every year, but then I tend to make something for everyone and that translates to leftovers, despite the fact that I send food home with all my guests! This year, I ended up with a bumper crop of turkey, stuffing and ham!
To use up the leftover ham, I made a big batch of my Favorite Ham Salad Spread. I've still got the ham bone in the freezer for a great big pot of Classic Bean and Ham Soup. Tonight's dinner is going to be Turkey Minestrone Soup and today's lunch was this wonderful Turkey Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad. If you are a fan of chicken salad with a nice sweet component, you will LOVE this Turkey salad.
This salad is very versatile. I served it over some fresh spinach leaves but it also makes a delicious sandwich on some multi-grain bread. I really LOVE the crunch from the apples and celery, but I also love the sweetness from the apples and the dried cranberries! I'm really a sucker for any good salad like this!
I've make a good dent in my turkey leftovers today! I have to be honest, it's really kind of fun to find ways to re-purpose leftovers. Morphing them into completely new dishes helps my creativity come alive! You've got to try this salad if you have any leftover turkey. If you are without turkey leftovers, try it out with some cooked chicken breast!
Turkey Apple Cranberry Pecan Salad
A delicious cold salad made from lean turkey breast, sweet apples and dried cranberries and crunchy pecans! Great for leftover turkey or chicken!
- 2 cups cooked and diced turkey breast (or chicken breast)
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1 cup diced sweet apple (I used Honeycrisp variety)
- 1/4 cup dried sweetened cranberries
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted and salted pecans
- 3/4 cup reduced fat mayonnaise
- 1- 2 tsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 tsp. granulated sugar
- kosher salt and pepper, to taste
- In a large bowl, combine the reduced fat mayonnaise, vinegar, and sugar. Season with salt and pepper.
- Add all other ingredients and stir to coat. Allow flavors to blend in refrigerator for about 30 minutes before serving.
- Serve on greens or in a sandwich. Enjoy!
Yield: 6 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 40 mins.
Tags: Turkey, Apples, Cranberries, Pecans, salad, dinner, lunch, leftovers
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!