This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #SharetheJoyofPie #CollectiveBias
Tis' the season for sharing and giving...so why not make it Easy Apple Pie Parfait Jars! This simple and fun treat begins with a frozen pie and ends with the finishing touch of whipped topping for a perfectly portable and shareable sweet treat!
I've long been a fan of Marie Callender's® Dessert Pies. I love that they are made with ingredients I'd use myself if I were making pies from scratch and I love the large variety of flavors they offer. My all-time favorite flavor is Dutch Apple Pie and I thought it would be super fun to create easy little Apple Pie Parfait Jars for gift giving or serving on a buffet table this holiday season!
My family gave this awesome combo two thumbs up and so will yours. There's not much else more comforting than apple pie...unless it's a fun Apple Pie Parfait in a Jar, that is. Layers of flaky pie crust, creamy vanilla pudding, chunky apple filling and a sweet crunchy and nutty topping is a real people pleasing combination of flavors and textures!
This little treat could not be any easier to put together. It all starts with a baked Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie and then in a few easy steps, the magic happens.
Easy Apple Pie Parfait Jars
Easily transform Dutch Apple Pie into a portable and shareable treat. A great gift for any pie lover!
- 1 Marie Callender's® Dutch Apple Pie, frozen
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 - 3oz. package of instant vanilla pudding
- 1 1/2 cups cold reduced fat milk
- 8 half-pint canning jars and lids
- Bake apple pie according to directions, except do NOT add topping to pie as it bakes. Instead, during last 10 minutes of pie baking, mix the topping and walnuts in a small pie tin and put in oven next to pie. Allow pie and topping to come to room temperature before assembling the parfaits.
- Once pie is cooled to room temperature, carefully scoop out pie filling from crust and place into a bowl. Set aside.
- Break up remaining cooled crust into 1" - 2" pieces. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, whisk together instant pudding and milk until it thickens. (about 5 minutes)
- To assemble parfaits: Line up jars. Divide pie crust evenly between all eight jars. Next, spoon in the pudding evenly between all eight jars. Next, top the pudding with the pie filling, dividing evenly between all jars. Lastly, divide the crumb topping/walnut mixture between all eight jars.
- Close lid and tie with ribbon, if desired.
- When ready to serve, open jar and top with Reddi-wip®.
Yield: 8 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 60 mins.
Tags: Pie, apple, Pie in a jar, dessert, Marie Callender's®, Reddi-wip®, cbias
For gift giving, once the jars are all assembled, pop them into a nice basket lined with a cute holiday towel, and don't forget the Reddi-wip® to complete the package. A fun edible gift that will be appreciated by any pie lover!
You can also place these jars on your holiday buffet for an easy and tasty way to enjoy pie. If you aren't a fan of apple pie, you can use any of the Marie Callender's® fruit pies to make these parfaits. You can even switch up the flavor of pudding too to make it your own!
What flavor combinations would you use to make your pie parfait jars and who would you gift them to to "share the joy of pie"?
I purchased everything I needed to make these Easy Apple Pie Parfait Jars from Walmart!
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!