This post is sponsored by Certified Angus Beef® Brand in conjunction with a social media campaign through Sunday Supper LLC. All opinions are my own.
Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce an outstanding special occasion roast. This perfectly prepared, lean, tasty, melt-in-your mouth beef tenderloin will be the centerpiece of any holiday meal!
Gathering family around the table and sharing a special meal is an important part of the holidays. In my family, serving a beef roast for Christmas has long been a tradition. Being from the Midwest, we are naturally a beef loving family and, for us, a Certified Angus Beef® Brand tenderloin is the king of all beef roasts. It's a lean cut of meat, making it a bit more diet-friendly than other cuts, but it has a wonderfully velvety mouth feel and is oh so tender too.
If you are like me, you might be a little intimidated by making an entire beef tenderloin roast, but with a great recipe (like this one!), a few tips, good equipment and the RoastPerfect app from Certified Angus Beef® Brand you can easily pull off a gorgeous roast and make a memorable holiday meal.
A great looking roast like this one starts with excellent quality beef. I always choose Certified Angus Beef® Brand because I know it is the best quality beef available to me. It's true that all Angus beef is not created equal. Certified Angus Beef® Brand depends on 10 strict quality specifications developed by leading scientists, researchers and academics resulting in a superior beef experience which assures marbling, tenderness and consistency. Trust me, these Certified Angus Beef® Brand people really know their beef! They've been at it, after all, since 1978! Being from Northeast Ohio, I have many retailer choices from which to purchase my Certified Angus Beef® Brand roasts. I purchased this particular roast from Giant Eagle Market District. If you aren't sure where to purchase this beef in your area, you can always ask your butcher if your market carries Certified Angus Beef® Brand, look for the iconic Certified Angus Beef® logo on the package, or use the RoastPerfect app store locator!
So now that you've decided you are going to make a Certified Angus Beef® Brand beef tenderloin, the next step is to decide exactly how much beef to purchase for your guests. That's where the RoastPerfect app comes into play! This app is AMAZING! It is the most comprehensive and user friendly app available on the market. The app, RoastPerfect, gives you suggestions on cut and size, calculates exact cooking times, provides tested recipes, educates consumers on how to work with their butcher, and identifies the locations where users can buy Certified Angus Beef® Brand. You can download this FREE app to your Apple or Android device.
CLICK BELOW TO GET ROAST PERFECT APP>
The RoastPerfect app is where I started when I made this roast last week. I knew I would be feeding 4 people so I selected my roast and put in the number of people I was planning on serving. I then was given the recommended roast weight and suggested serving size for each person. It was so easy to ask my butcher for the right sized roast so there wouldn't be any waste or guesswork!
I then decided to check out the recipes on the app for my cut of beef. I found one I liked, and just tweaked the ingredients a bit to fit with my family's tastes. Since I wanted the flavor to permeate the meat, I made a dry spice mix, rubbed it into the roast, covered it in plastic wrap, and allowed it to sit on the roast for four hours in the refrigerator before I cooked it.
When I was ready to roast the tenderloin, I let it sit out at room temperature for about an hour. (Bringing the meat closer to room temperature helps it cook more evenly.) Once again, I consulted the RoastPerfect app for help. I used the Roast Timer feature, where I chose the type of roast, the weight, and the degree of doneness for the roast I was going to cook. I chose medium-rare (warm pink center -135 degrees F) because that is how my family likes it. I double checked the roast with an instant read thermometer when the roast time was up and found the app's time to be spot on! If you like your roast cooked to a different degree of doneness, you can find a handy guide to help you out right on the app, so you can chose the way you like it! The Roast Timer feature even counts down the rest time for you!
When I took this beautiful roast out of the oven, I COULD NOT WAIT to carve it up! But letting the roast rest is very important. It allows the juices to redistribute. When the timer on the RostPerfect app sounded and I was finally able to cut into it, I was thrilled. The roast was cooked perfectly and the taste...OH MY WORD...nothing short of amazing! The meat was so tender with such great flavor and a "buttery" mouth feel.
I served the roast with some mashed potatoes, a vegetable and a complimentary creamy horseradish sauce that took me only a few minutes to put together. The sauce went perfectly with the roast.
Are you ready to download your Certified Angus Beef® Brand app and get started on planning the perfect holiday roast for your family this season? I hope I've inspired you to check it out and make room on your holiday table for this wonderful roast recipe this year!
For more delicious Certified Angus Beef® Brand recipe inspiration visit the #RoastPerfect board on Pinterest. You can find out more about Certified Angus Beef® Brand by visiting their website. You may also want to join me in following Certified Angus Beef® Brand on all their social sites!
Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce
Beef tenderloin roast full of flavor and tender thanks to Certified Angus Beef® Brand. This is a wonderful roast for all your special occasions!
- 1 - 2.5 lb. Certified Angus Beef® Brand Tenderloin roast, trimmed and tied
- 2 tsp. dried oregano leaves
- 2 tsp. dried thyme
- 2 tsp. dried crushed rosemary
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 2 tsp. garlic powder
- 2 tsp. coarse kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 TBS olive oil
- For Creamy Horseradish Sauce:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 TBS reduced-fat mayonnaise
- prepared horseradish, to taste
- pinch of kosher salt
- dash of Worcestershire sauce
- Four hours (or more) before you are planning on cooking the roast, prepare the rub by mixing all the oregano, thyme, rosemary, dry mustard, garlic powder, 2 tsp. kosher salt and black pepper in a small bowl. Coat the roast with the spice mixture and wrap in plastic wrap. Refrigerate for 4 hours or more to allow spices to season the meat.
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator an hour before you are ready to roast and allow it to sit at room temperature.
- Heat the oven to 450 degrees F. Unwrap the roast and put it on a rack in a small roasting pan or just place on a small baking sheet with sides. Rub the olive oil over the entire roast.
- Place roast in oven and cook for 15 minutes (this will oven sear the roast giving it a nice browned exterior and seal in the juices), then reduce the heat in the oven to 325 degrees and roast to the degree of doneness you desire. I cooked my roast to med-rare, which is an internal temperature of 135 degrees F. I used the RoastPerfect app to determine cooking time for that particular doneness. It said to cook the for 27 minutes once the oven was reduced to 325 degrees F. That is what I did. When I checked my instant read thermometer at 27 minutes, it read 135 degrees F.
- Take roast out and tent with foil. Allow it to sit for 10 - 15 minutes before carving. While roast is resting, make the Creamy Horseradish Sauce by combining all the ingredients. Serve alongside the carved roast.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 04 hrs. 00 mins.
Total time: 4 hrs. 52 mins.
Tags: beef, beef tenderloin, roast, Certified Angus Beef, SundaySupper, holidays
Roast recipe adapted from Certified Angus Beef® Brand RoastPerfect app
Creamy Horseradish Sauce adapted from Allrecipes
- Asian Beer Marinated Roast by Food Done Light
- Bone-In Rib Roast Recipe by Recipe for Perfection
- Cajun Herb Prime Rib Roast by Flavor Mosaic
- Classic Prime Rib by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Coffee Rubbed Prime Rib Roast by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Cranberry Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Garlic Crusted Prime Rib Roast by Life Tastes Good
- Garlic Herb Beef Tenderloin Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Greek Marinated Sirloin Tip Roast by Curious Cuisiniere
- Herbed Beef Tenderloin with Port Wine and Cranberry Sauce by Bobbi’s Kozy Kitchen
- Lemon Pepper Sirloin Tip Roast by Magnolia Days
- Lendenbraten with Black Truffle Sauce by Palatable Pastime
- New York Strip Roast by Recipes Food and Cooking
- Prime Rib Roast with Brussels Sprouts by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Prime Rib Roast with Creamy Horseradish Sauce by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Prime Rib Roast with Santa Maria Rub by Shockingly Delicious
- Roasted Shallot and Herb Roast by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Spiced Ribeye Roast with Caramelized Onion by Cooking Chat
- Sweet and Garlicky Prime Rib by Family Foodie
- Peppercorn Beef Tenderloin Roast with Mushroom Cream Sauce by Whole Food | Real Families
- #RoastPerfect Tips Plus Holiday Roasting Recipes #SundaySupper by Sunday Supper Movement
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!