My Easy Chocolate Babka Bread is transformed into a delectable bread pudding dessert full of chocolate, walnuts and topped with a vanilla sauce.
I recently just completed my second eBay Guide. The theme for the guide was Spring and in my Polish family, it isn't spring without enjoying a Babka bread at least once during the season. I've enjoyed Chocolate Babka from the bakery, but had never made one at home. I found a great recipe and had good success, as you can see below.
The recipe is super easy to follow and made a really good bread. Actually, the recipe makes TWO LOAVES, so a few days after I made it, I was left with an extra loaf. This bread is dense and sweet and full of chocolate and walnuts, so naturally, I made a bread pudding with the extra loaf!
Oh my word! This bread pudding is delish!
You can grab the recipe for my EASY CHOCOLATE BABKA BREAD if you CLICK HERE. But if you don't have time to make your own bread, you can use a bakery bought chocolate babka bread instead!
This bread pudding recipe is easy to make too, however, you will need to plan a little time to allow the custard to soak into the bread thoroughly. Using a slightly stale, day old type bread will give you the best results.
Chocolate Babka Bread Pudding
Leftover, day old Easy Chocolate Babka Bread is transformed into this delectable bread pudding dessert with chocolate and walnuts and drizzled with a vanilla sauce!
- 1 loaf (about 16 oz.) cubed, day-old, Chocolate Babka Bread
- 4 large eggs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 cups 2% milk (can be part half and half for a richer bread pudding)
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, melted
- For Vanilla Sauce:
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- 1- 1 1/2 TBS milk
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- Spray 13" x 9" baking dish with cooking spray. Arrange cubed bread in baking dish. Set aside.
- In large bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, sugar, vanilla extract, ground cinnamon, salt and 1/4 cup melted butter. Pour over bread cubes, making sure all pieces are coated in custard mixture and pressing cubes down with a fork. Cover baking dish with foil and refrigerate for several hours or over night, to allow the bread cubes to soak up most of the custard.
- When ready to bake, preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Take pudding out of refrigerator while oven heats up and remove the foil.
- Bake in oven, uncovered, for 50 - 60 minutes. Allow to cool for 10 - 15 minutes before serving. While bread pudding is cooling, make the vanilla sauce.
- For Vanilla Sauce: Whisk together all sauce ingredients to make a thick sauce. Drizzle over warm bread pudding.( I really don't measure any of the sauce ingredients. I use a one cup measure for the sugar, but go heavy and just eyeball the other ingredients (except the butter). If you find your sauce is a little thin, add more sugar, if it's a little thick, more milk.)
Yield: 12 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins. (plus chill time)
Total time: 1 hrs. 10 mins.
Tags: Easy Chocolate Babka Bread, chocolate, bread pudding, dessert, leftovers
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!