Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots make a great healthy side dish! Fresh carrots are tossed with a few simple ingredients for a taste that can't be beat!Cook time: 00 hrs. 20 mins.
This week's Sunday Supper theme is all about root vegetables! I know, according to the calendar, we still have some time before spring arrives, but man, everyday I am "feeling it"! The birds are chirping and the days are getting longer. Some of the veggies I think of when spring arrives are asparagus, onions, peas and yes, carrots!
Give carrots some love! I think carrots often get looked over as a veggie of choice. Sure, they are almost as important as onions and garlic, in some recipes, but we don't eat them on their own very often. At least that's how it is in my house...so today...I'm paying tribute to the carrot!
Oven roasted veggies rock! If you know me, you know my favorite way to enjoy ANY vegetable is roasted in the oven. Roasting brings out the sweetness in veggies and does so particularly for root vegetables like carrots. Carrots are great coated in a little olive oil and salt and pepper and roasted until done, but they are even better with the addition of honey and Dijon mustard! It just elevates them to another flavor level.
I finish this dish with a squeeze of lemon just before serving to brighten it up just a bit and take the common carrot to new heights! Make sure you stop by all the recipes in the links below and check out what all the Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing today!
What is your favorite root vegetable?
Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots
Oven roasted carrots are flavored with sweet honey and zippy Dijon mustard for a great healthy side dish!
- 1 lb. full-sized carrots, peeled and cut on the diagonal into 1/2" slices
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS honey
- Kosher salt and fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- juice of 1/2 a lemon, if desired
- Heat oven to 425 degrees F. Line a large edged sheet pan with parchment.
- In large bowl, whisk together olive oil, mustard, and honey. Add carrots and coat well. Dump onto prepared sheet pan and spread into a single layer, making sure not to crowd the carrots in the pan. Season with salt and pepper.
- Bake in oven for about 15 - 20 minutes, depending on desired doneness.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Tags: carrots, side dish, honey, Dijon, vegetables, veggies, roasted, baked
Adapted from Allrecipes
See what all the Sunday Supper tastemakers are sharing this week, Thank you Cindy from Cindys Recipes and Writings for hosting this event!
- Chipotle Sweet Potato Chips from Momma's Meals
- Golden Beet Chips with Sea Salt from Sunday Supper Movement
- Roasted Beet Hummus from And She Cooks
- Roasted Root Vegetable Salad with Cranberry Vinaigrette from Nik Snacks
- Roasted Parsnip, Carrot and Garlic Soup from Rants From My Crazy Kitchen
- Roasted Sweet Potato Soup from Magnolia Days
- Root Vegetable Soup with Herb Croutons from An Appealing Plan
- Waffled Carrot Latkes from A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures
- Carrot Cake Baked Oatmeal from Hezzi-D's Books and Cooks
- Carrot Cake Smoothie from Brunch-n-Bites
- Carrot Cake Waffles from Alida's Kitchen
- Sweet Potato Biscuits with Beetroot Orange Marmalade from Dad Whats 4 Dinner
- Sweet Potato Biscuit and Sausage Gravy Skillet Bake from The Texan New Yorker
- Bacon-Potato Torte from Tramplingrose
- Beef & Root Vegetable Hand Pastries from Gate to Plate
- Beet, Blue Cheese and Bacon Pizza from Caroline's Cooking
- Beet Pesto from Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Celery Root, Apple and Gorgonzola Flat Bread Pizza from Simply Healthy Family
- Hearty Stew Hand Pies from The TipToe Fairy
- Roasted Root Vegetable Panzanella Salad from The Chef Next Door
- Root Vegetable and Beef Flatbread from Family Foodie
- Roasted Vegetable Borscht from The Crumby Cupcake
- Shepherd's Pie Loaded Baked Potatoes from Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Skillet Breakfast Potatoes from Life Tastes Good
- Sweet Potato Pancakes from Our Good Life
- Turnip Rutabaga and Root Veggie Beef Stew from Cindy's Recipes and Writings
- Wild Rice Vegetable Bake from Wholistic Woman
- Baked Potato Wedges with Parmesan and Garlic from Bobbi's Kozy Kitchen
- Beet, Greens and Goat Cheese Gratin from Monica's Table
- Boxty (Irish Potato Pancakes) from Curious Cuisiniere
- Browned Butter Braised Baby Turnips from Food Lust People Love
- Caprese Twice Baked Potatoes from Seduction in the Kitchen
- Carrot Ribbon and Orange Salad from Pies and Plots
- Celery Root Gratin with Horseradish Cream from The Wimpy Vegetarian
- Italian Roasted Rosemary and Garlic Potatoes from La Bella Vita Cucina
- Gogoma Jorim (Korean Soy-braised Sweet Potatoes) from kimchi MOM
- Honey Dijon Roasted Carrots from Renee's Kitchen Adventures
- Jicama Home Fries from Casa de Crews
- Lemon Thyme Au Gratin Potatoes from Vintage Kitty
- Moroccan Harissa Potatoes from Palatable Pastime
- Roasted Balsamic Carrots from Confessions of a Cooking Diva
- Roasted Root Vegetable Farro from Cooking Chat
- Roasted Rosemary Potatoes (with make-ahead tip) from Meal Planning Magic
- Root Vegetable Mash from Feeding Big and more
- Rooty Dauphinoise from Jane's Adventures in Dinner
- Smashed Potatoes from Taste And See
- Smoked Sausage Potato Casserole from Kitchen Gidget
- Spicy Carrots & Potatoes from Sweet Mornings
- Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries from Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Winter Salad with Fennel, Apples, Goat Cheese and Radishes from Delaware Girl Eats
- Best Ever Carrot Cake from Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Carrot Cake Cheesecake from Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Carrot Cake Whoopie Pies from That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Carrot Cookies from The Freshman Cook
- Chocolate Carrot & Squash Muffins from What Smells So Good?
- Homemade Carrot Cake from Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Iced Beet Cake from Beauty and the Beets
- Gluten Free Carrot Cake from Real Food Real Deals
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!