Fresh blueberries are the star of this easy and delicious, sweet and savory, Blueberry Pecan Chicken Salad recipe! Fresh blueberries, dried blueberries, crunchy chopped pecans, crisp celery, red onion and poppy seeds make this a salad to remember!
Two of my very favorite things...chicken salad and fresh blueberries come together in this easy-to-prepare salad that makes the perfect lunch or light dinner and is a great re-purpose recipe for leftover chicken breast.
I've had a love affair with chicken salad for a very long time. I like to add a sweet element to chicken salads and, this time, I chose blueberries for that purpose. Blueberries are just coming to season now and are sweet and plump and, of course, full of all those wonderful antioxidants and nutrients blueberries are known for.
This is such a great combination of flavors and textures and every bite will delight your senses! I am so happy that Spring/Summer are really coming alive in this part of the country and I can definitely see the results in the produce sections of my grocery stores with some wonderful selections like these Florida grown blueberries!
Give this salad a try! If you love both blueberries and chicken salad, I guarantee you will enjoy this salad!
What are some must-have additions you like to put into your chicken salad?
Blueberry Pecan Chicken Salad
Plump blueberries add a sweet element to this delicious chicken salad made with cooked chicken breast, celery, red onion, and coated in a sweet poppy seed dressing.
- 2 cups cold cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (can be a "light variety)
- 1 TBS honey
- 1 TBS cider vinegar
- pinch of kosher salt
- 1/2 TBS poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup small diced celery
- 1/4 cup small diced red onion
- 1 1/2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/4 cup dried blueberries (optional)
- 1/2 cup chopped toasted pecans
- In large bowl, combine the mayonnaise, honey, cider vinegar, salt and poppy seeds with a whisk. If the mixture seems too thick, add a bit more vinegar.
- To the bowl with the dressing, add the chicken, celery, red onion, fresh blueberries, dried blueberries (if using) and pecans. Toss gently to coat everything.
- Refrigerate for 30 minutes to allow flavors to combine. Stir before serving.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
Tags: Blueberries, chicken, pecans, salad, dinner, lunch, poppy seeds, recipe
I'm entering this Blueberry Pecan Chicken Salad in "A Blueberry Toss" #BlueberryToss contest sponsored by Wish Farms for Food Wine Conference (sponsored by Sunday Supper) this May13th through 15th, 2016 in Orlando, Florida! I'll be there and this will be my first conference I've ever attended! I am crazy excited to connect with the sponsors and meet up with people I have grown to know and enjoy through Sunday Supper Movement!
If you are a blogger or a foodie and are interested in joining me at Food Wine Conference or entering this Wish Farms contest, it's not too late! Click on this link to find out everything you need to know about this contest and Food Wine Conference 2016!
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!