This post is sponsored by Soyfoods Association of North America in conjunction with Blog Meets Brand and I have been compensated for my participation. All opinions are my own.
Easy Meatless Sloppy Joes are a quick and easy meatless meal idea packed with the power of mighty soy bean! So delicious, I guarantee you will not miss the meat!
April is National Soyfoods Month and I'm celebrating it with this quick and easy meatless Sloppy Joes recipe! I've replaced the meat in my favorite from-scratch Sloppy Joes recipe with Yves Veggie Cuisine® Veggie Ground (found in the refrigerated section of your grocery store) for an easy meal the whole family will love. Since the soy crumbles do not require any cooking time (just heat and eat), this recipe comes together quickly making it a convenient choice for busy weeknights.
As you may know, if you've followed my blog for awhile, my youngest son is a vegetarian. I am always looking for good recipe ideas that he can eat and the whole family can enjoy together (even the carnivores!). This is one of those recipes.
Soy crumbles are a perfect substitute for animal protein in this recipe. They are an excellent source of high quality plant-based protein and versatile enough to use in this and many other recipes. Soy is a complete protein and highly digestible, making it a smart choice for vegetarians, vegans and anyone who wants to replace some of the animal protein in their diets. For more detailed information on the benefits of soy visit www.soyfoods.org
Let me show you how easy it is to get this tasty, plant-powered meal on the table!
Begin by sauteing up some finely chopped onion and celery in a little olive oil. Once the veggies begin to soften, add minced garlic and saute until it begins to get fragrant.
Add in all the remaining ingredients, except the soy crumbles, and stir to combine. Cook until the sauce gets bubbly.
Then, simply open the package of the soy crumbles and add to the sauce. Continue to heat until everything is heated through. That's it!
Easy Meatless Sloppy Joes
Saucy, but not too sloppy, vegan/vegetarian sloppy joes from scratch. Perfect for your meatless Mondays!
- 1 TBS olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped sweet onion
- 1 cup finely diced celery
- 1 - 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 8 oz. tomato sauce
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1 tsp. brown sugar (or less if you like it less sweet)
- 2 tsp. Vegan Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tsp. white vinegar
- 12 oz. package of Yves Veggie Cuisine® Veggie Ground
- Kosher salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 4 hamburger buns
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and celery. Saute until veggies begin to get tender, about 6 - 7 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add in garlic and cook for another minute or so, until the garlic becomes fragrant.
- Add in the tomato sauce, ketchup, brown sugar, and vegan Worcestershire sauce and vinegar. Stir and cook until mixture begins to bubble. Add in the soy crumbles and cook until heated through.
- Serve warm on buns.
Yield: 4 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 20 mins.
Tags: Soy, vegan, meatless, main dish, tomato, sandwich, vegetarian
Serve these meatless Sloppy Joes on your favorite bun with pickles on the side for a hearty meal made possible with the goodness of soy!
Join me in following Soyfoods Association of North America on all their social channels and learn more about the power of the mighty soy bean!
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!