Every year it's the same thing...I can't wait for the weather to warm up enough to fire up my grill and enjoy grilling season! Steak, chicken, pork even veggies are amazing grilled over an open flame!
Do you agree? If so, you will love this Homemade Coffee Steak Rub! Espresso powder amps this rub up a notch and makes it the perfect seasoning for steaks and so much more!
I am really excited to share this delicious Homemade Coffee Steak Rub that is a perfect all-purpose seasoning for steaks or just about any protein you put it on! It's even great on grilled veggies!
This rub is an adaptation of a Certified Angus Beef rub I purchased from my grocer's a few years ago. I was really sad when I could not find it any longer in my store. Thank goodness the good folks at Certified Angus Beef put the recipe on the back of the package and I had the foresight to write the recipe down.
I fell in love with this seasoning the first time I used it. It really is the perfect compliment to your Certified Angus Beef steaks! Not too strong to mask the taste of good beef but just enough to enhance it.
I usually double this recipe around grilling season, because I like to use it on just about anything I grill. It's awesome on steaks, but also great on boneless chicken breasts and thighs and pork chops. The addition of espresso powder gives it a deep rich flavor that pairs well with meat.
Mix up a batch and give it a try! I think you will end up loving this recipe as much as I do!
Homemade Coffee Steak Rub
Espresso powder adds a deep rich flavor to this savory homemade steak seasoning recipe. It's great on steaks and so much more!Category: Seasoning
- 1/4 cup coarse grain kosher salt
- 2 tsp. fresh ground black pepper
- 1 tsp. smoked paprika
- 2 tsp. onion powder
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 tsp. espresso powder
- 1/2 tsp. ground thyme
- Combine all ingredients in an airtight container. Sprinkle liberally on steaks about 15 minutes before grilling. (Also great on chicken and pork!)
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 05 mins.
Total time: 5 mins.
Tags: Steak, seasoning, spices, coffee, garlic, beef, dinner, chicken
Adapted from Certified Angus Beef®
Many thanks to Sue from A Palatable Pastime for hosting this delicious event! Check out everything the Sunday Supper Tastemakers have brought to the table this week!
- Grilled Peach and Pineapple Sangria by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bruschetta with Grilled Bread by Wholistic Woman
- Cilantro Lime Grilled Shrimp with Pineapple Salsa by Taste And See
- Grilled Avocado with Cilantro-Lime Cream by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Bison Sliders with Special Sauce by Un Assaggio of Food, Wine & Marriage
- Bourbon & Brown Sugar Marinated Grilled Steak by Books n’ Cooks
- Buffalo Chicken Wing Burgers by Red Cottage Chronicles
- Chicken Mazatlan by Palatable Pastime
- Greek Lamb Burgers by Positively Stacey
- Grilled Avocado with Confetti Shrimp Salad by The Weekend Gourmet
- Grilled Shrimp Corn Salad with Avocado Vinaigrette by Food Lust People Love
- Grilled Duck with a Red Wine Reduction by Monica’s Table
- Grilled Honey Balsamic Grilled Chicken by Alida’s Kitchen
- Grilled London Broil Steak Tacos by The Freshman Cook
- Grilled Pork and Pineapple Salad by Caroline’s Cooking
- Grilled Ribeye with Simple Spice Rub by Cooking Chat
- Grilled Salami Sandwich by Magnolia Days
- Grilled Skirt Steak with Chimichurri Sauce by Angels Home Sweet Homestead
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Orange Tomato Sauce by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Grilled Tuna Steaks with Strawberry Mango Salsa by simple and savory
- Hawaiian Chicken Kebabs by Moore or Less Cooking
- How to Grill Salmon and Shrimps in Banana Leaves by Asian In America
- Lemon Herbed Yogurt Chicken Kabobs by Momma’s Meals
- Sweet Cheeks Honey Mustard Grilled Pork Chops by My World Simplified
- The Best Baby Back Ribs Ever!! by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Easy Garlicky Grilled Polenta by She Loves Biscotti
- Easy Grilled Artichokes by April Golightly
- Grilled Asparagus with Lemon and Manchego Cheese by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Grilled Cantaloupe Salad with Queso Fresco and Herbs by Cooking With Carlee
- Grilled Corn with Herb Butter by My Imperfect Kitchen
- Grilled Vegetable Pasta Salad by Cookin’ Mimi
- Homemade Burger Sauce by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Homemade Coffee Steak Rub by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Grilled Banana Boats in Foil Packets by Our Good Life
- Grilled Blueberry Cobbler by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Grilled Dessert Pizza by Baking Sense
- Grilled Pineapple with Vanilla Sorbet by The Chef Next Door
- Grilled Strawberry & Blue Basil Granita by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Super Simple Grilled Peaches by And She Cooks
Plus Piri Piri Sauce and Recipes for Summer Grilling from Sunday Supper Movement
Join the #SundaySupper conversation on twitter on Sunday! We tweet throughout the day and share recipes from all over the world. Our weekly chat starts at 7:00 pm ET. Follow the #SundaySupper hashtag and remember to include it in your tweets to join in the chat. To get more great Sunday Supper Recipes, visit our website or check out our Pinterest board.
Would you like to join the Sunday Supper Movement? It’s easy. You can sign up by clicking here: Sunday Supper Movement
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!