Cheeseburger Salad is a dish that is exactly what it sounds like. All the taste of a big juicy cheeseburger in cheeseburger salad form. How fun is that?
Sunday Supper Tastemakers are sharing all their best recipes for burgers and dogs this week, and this Cheeseburger Salad is my contribution to the amazing lineup. (See links to all the delicious recipes below!) It's a deluxe cheeseburger deconstructed into a delicious salad!
There are no right or wrong additions to this salad. Add whatever burger topping that suite your fancy. I happen to like everything I've included in this recipe on my burger, so naturally, they are all in this salad.
I quick pickled the cucumbers just like when I made my quick homemade refrigerator pickle relish, except I omitted the onions. Click here for the recipe for the relish. You can do that too, or you can just use store-bought pickle spears and cut them into chunks. Not a pickle fan? Just use cukes, or leave them out entirely...the choice is yours.
I made slider burgers, but you can use any burger you like! I even subbed some black bean burgers for my vegetarian son for his dinner. Dressing? I just squirted some ketchup and mayo on top, because that's my favorite combination on a burger! It dressed the salad perfectly!
Everyone enjoyed this yummy salad for a nice change of pace from ordinary burger night! What will you put in your Cheeseburger Salad?
A deluxe cheeseburger in salad form! How fun is that?
- 2 cups mixed salad greens of your choice
- 3 grilled (cooked) beef or turkey slider burgers or 1 regular sized one
- 1 dill pickle spear, cut into chunks
- 4 - 5 grape tomatoes
- thinly sliced red onions
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- butter-flavored "bun" croutons (recipe below)
- On a plate, add the lettuce and arrange the remaining ingredients on top of the lettuce. Serve immediately.
- To make bun croutons: Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Cut two hamburger buns into cubes. Toss with 2 TBS melted unsalted butter, salt and pepper. Spread out single layer on a baking sheet. Bake until golden brown and crispy (about 15 minutes or so), mixing once halfway between baking.
Yield: 1 serving
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: cheeseburger, salad, cheese, burger, dinner, comfort food
Take a look at what all the Sunday Supper Tastemakers have brought to the virtual table this week!
This fun event is being hosted by Christie of A Kitchen Hoor's Adventures. Thank you Christie!
All American Burgers & Dogs
- BLT Burgers by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Bourbon BBQ Bacon Burger Sliders by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Bourbon Onion Bacon Dog by Grumpy's Honeybunch
- Chicago Style Hot Dog by The Culinary Compass
- Copycat Guberburgers by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Idaho Dogs by Culinary Adventures with Camilla
- Philly Cheesesteak Dog by Palatable Pastime
- Pimento Cheese Burger by Magnolia Days
- Southern Seasoned Beef Burger by April Go Lightly
- The Best Ever Bacon, Egg and Cheese Burger by The Chef Next Door
- The SmashBurger by Monica’s Table
- Whiskey Burgers by Serena Bakes Simply From Scratch
- Chicken Cordon Bleu Burgers by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- Chicken Parmesan Burgers by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Chicken Satay Burger with Peanut Sauce by Baking Sense
- Chicken Tikka Burgers by Sunday Supper Movement
- Miso Glazed Chicken Burgers by Sew You Think You Can Cook
- Blue Cheese Burger with Fig Jam by Garden Matter
- Caprese Burgers by The Redhead Baker
- Cheddar Stuffed Taco Burger by My Life Cookbook
- Dominican Chimichurri Burgers by The Crumby Cupcake
- Guacamole Cilantro Lime Cheeseburger by Life Tastes Good
- Hot Dog Maki Roll by kimchi MOM
- Meatball Parmesan Burgers by Cupcakes & Kale Chips
- Portuguese Hamburger by Family Foodie
- Salchipapas (Peruvian Sausages and Potatoes) by Tara’s Multicultural Table
- Smoky Sliders with Chipotle Mayo by Cooking on the Ranch
- Spicy Shishito Dog by Brunch-n-Bites
- Baby Back Rib Burger by The Freshman Cook
- Brown Rice & Lamb Burgers with Spinach by Wholistic Woman
- Fish Taco Burgers by Pies and Plots
- Greek Lamb Burgers with Blistered Tomatoes and Tzatziki Spread by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Miso Tuna Burgers by Caroline’s Cooking
- The Perfect Lentil Burger by Food Lust People Love
- Gluten Free Dessert Hamburgers by Gluten Free Crumbley
- How to make Salmon Burgers with Mango Salsa by Asian In America
- How to Pan-fry Bratwurst by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- The Ultimate #SundaySupper Hamburger and Hotdog Wine Pairing Guide by ENOFYLZ Wine Blog
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!