Michigan Cherry Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream is a rich and luscious summer treat that can be whipped up in no time and does not require an ice cream maker! Sweet Michigan cherries take center stage in this delicious no-churn ice cream!
For the past 17 years, my family has been heading south in July and spending a week in Myrtle Beach, South Carolina. This year, with all the kids having odd schedules, we opted to vacation a little closer to home. We headed to Traverse City, Michigan for a few days.
Traverse City, Michigan is known as the "Cherry Capital of the World" and for good reason too! It is located on the earth's 45th parallel which makes it an ideal location for cherry orchards. Besides cherries, Traverse City has soft sandy beaches with crystal clear freshwater, giant sand dunes and lots of shopping too!
So of course, I was all about the cherries! I think I purchased and sampled just about ANYthing you can make out of cherries: cherry salsa, chocolate covered cherries, cherry salad dressing, cherry wine...you get the picture! But I also brought home several quarts of fresh cherries from a roadside stand. I really wanted tart cherries so I could make a pie, but they weren't quite ready for picking yet. However, these dark sweet cherries were ready and fresh picked.
We don't normally get Michigan cherries here at our stores in Ohio, which is a shame, because these cherries are OUTRAGEOUSLY good. Some of the best I've ever had.
One of the things I decided to make with the cherries I brought back is this Michigan Cherry Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream. Oh my word. Not only is it super easy to make, but it is such a wonderful treat with all the summer heat we've been experiencing. Amaretto and cherries are natural partners in the flavor world!
You don't need any special equipment to make this ice cream either, although a cherry pitter is nice to have if you are using fresh cherries. If you can't get fresh cherries (or if you can't get Michigan cherries) any sweet cherry will work, even frozen ones.
If you haven't jumped on the no-churn ice cream bandwagon yet, here's your chance to give it a try! I promise, you will not be disappointed in the results!
Michigan Cherry Amaretto No-Churn Ice Cream
Easy no-churn ice cream made with sweet Michigan cherries in a rich amaretto flavored ice cream.
- 1 - 1 1/2 cups pitted and halved fresh Michigan dark sweet cherries (can use frozen or any dark sweet cherry)
- 1 cup whipping cream
- 1/2 of a 14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
- 1/4 cup whole milk
- 1/4 tsp. kosher salt
- 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp. amaretto flavoring (I used LorAnn) or 1/4 tsp. almond extract
- In large bowl, with electric mixer, whip whipping cream until stiff. Set aside.
- In another large bowl, whisk together the sweetened condensed milk, whole milk, kosher salt, vanilla extract and amaretto flavoring (or almond extract).
- Fold whipped cream into condensed milk mixture until incorporated. Drop cherries into mixture and mix lightly.
- Pour ice cream mixture into a loaf pan and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for several hours until firm.
- Allow to sit at room temperature for a few minutes after removing from freezer before scooping into cones or bowls.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 10 mins.
Tags: cherry, cherries, ice cream, dairy, milk, amaretto, almond, dessert, no-churn
Like what you see? Follow RKA on all these social networks!!