Citrus desserts remind me of spring! Bright and sunny, just like a warm spring day. This recipe for Easy Key Lime Bars is a family favorite and one that's been made in my kitchen time and time again. It's a great dessert recipe for special occasions and for pot lucks.
Every time I make these bars for an occasion, they get eaten up in no time. I'm always getting requests for the recipe. So today, I am sharing it here on the blog!
You can find key lime juice at your grocery store, but if it's not available, regular lime juice is fine to use instead.
Like Lemon better than Lime?Easy Key Lime Pie Bars can be switched up by replacing the key lime juice with lemon juice for a lemony version that's equally as delicious. Either version would be a great addition to your Easter menu this year!
Easy Key Lime Pie Bars
Easy Key Lime Pie Bars are an easy-to-make, easy-to-take dessert. Key lime juice gives the filling just the right amount of tart to balance out the sweet!
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 5 TBS unsalted butter, melted
- pinch of salt
- 1 - 14 oz. can sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large eggs
- 2/3 cup Key Lime juice (or lime juice)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- whipped topping
- green colored sugar OR grated lime peel
- Preheat oven 350 degrees F. Combine the crust ingredients and press firmly into the bottom of a 13" x 9" baking dish that has been lightly coated with cooking spray.
- Bake crust for 8 minutes and allow to cool to room temperature.
- In large bowl, combine all filling ingredients with an electric mixer. Pour over cooled crust.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until filling is set but not browned. Allow to cool to room temperature and then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Cut into squares and garnish with whipped topping and colored sugar or grated lime peel, if desired.
Yield: 16 servings
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 35 mins.
Shared at Full Plate Thursday