I first had lemon ricotta pancakes while enjoying brunch at one of my favorite restaurants in NYC, Sarabeth's. So light and delicious with a delicate lemon flavor. At Sarabeth's you'll find these tasty morning treats are most often served with blackberries as a garnish and with butter and real maple syrup. They are just delightful!
When Sunday Supper Movement decided on "Citrus Recipes to Make You Smile" as a theme this week, I knew exactly what citrus recipe made me smile...these Lemon Ricotta Pancakes! While this isn't the exact recipe from Sarabeth's (it must be a secret, because I wasn't able to find it anywhere!), it is a delicious copycat.
The RecipeThere's no oil or butter in the batter. You could add a TBS or so of either if you like. I've done that before and it does decrease the rise a little. They really are perfectly fine without added fat though.
You can also substitute lower fat dairy products (milk, cheese) for the full fat ones and still have a good outcome! It's your choice.
These Lemon Ricotta Pancakes make a great addition to a lazy Sunday breakfast or a fabulous weekend brunch!
Lemon Ricotta Pancakes
Light and fluffy pancakes made with fresh lemon and ricotta cheese, similar to the ones served at Sarabeth's in NYC for breakfast and brunch!
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 tsp. kosher salt
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- zest from 1 - 2 lemons
- 4 eggs, separated
- 1 cup ricotta cheese (full fat or low-fat)
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (juice from 2 lemons)
- powdered sugar, for dusting
- In large bowl, combine flour, granulated sugar, salt, lemon zest, and baking powder. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whip the egg whites until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large 4 cup glass measure or bowl, whisk together egg yolks, ricotta cheese, milk, and lemon juice. Combine the wet ingredients with the dry ingredients then, gently fold in the whipped egg whites in thirds.
- Heat nonstick griddle or pan sprayed with cooking spray. Drop batter by 1/4th cups to make pancakes. Batter is a bit thick, so drop in a circular motion and spread around to make pancake. Flip when underside is done (pancakes won't bubble on the surface). Keep warm in oven and repeat process with remainder of batter.
- Dust with powdered sugar before serving. Serve with butter and warm maple syrup!
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 10 mins.
Total time: 30 mins.
Adapted from Food Network
Check out all the Sunday Supper Citrus Recipes Tastemakers are sharing this week!
- Chocolate Orange Cinnamon Rolls by Caroline's Cooking
- Creamy Vanilla-Orange Overnight Oats by A Little Fish in the Kitchen
- Key Lime Muffins with Key Lime Glaze by Family Around The Table
- Lemon Donut Holes by The Bitter Side of Sweet
- Lemon Poppy Seed Quick Bread by Pies and Plots
- Lemon Ricotta Pancakes by Renee’s Kitchen Adventures
- Meyer Lemon Olive Oil Muffins by A Kitchen Hoor’s Adventures
- Orange Chocolate Chip Muffins by Jersey Girl Cooks
- Tiny Batch Blood Orange Marmalade by What Smells So Good?
- 10 Minute Lemon Pasta With Crispy Basil by Sprinkles and Sprouts
- Asian Lemon Chicken by Brunch-n-Bites
- Calamansi Shrimp on Couscous by Asian In America
- Citrus Marinated Chicken Thighs by A Day in the Life on the Farm
- Citrus-Glazed Scallops with Chunky Avocado Salsa by The Weekend Gourmet
- Lemon Lime Shrimp Cocktail w/a Citrus Yogurt Dipping Sauce by The Freshman Cook
- Lemon Ricotta Spaghetti with Peas by Cricket's Confections
- Meyer Lemon Chicken Piccata by Cindy’s Recipes and Writings
- One Pan Parmesan Lemon Chicken and Asparagus by Fantastical Sharing of Recipes
- Orange Beef by Palatable Pastime
- Easy Instant Pot Orange Chicken by A Mind “Full” Mom
- Skillet Roasted Lemon Chicken by My Savory Spoon
- Slow Cooked Orange Chicken Breasts by Simple and Savory
- Thai Lime Basil Chicken Stir Fry by Wholistic Woman
- Banana Cake with Lemon Cream Cheese Frosting by Grumpy’s Honeybunch
- Clementine Pistachio Pomegranate Upside Down Cake by Sunday Supper Movement
- Easy Japanese Lemon Yuzu Bars by The Ninja Baker
- Key Lime Chiffon Pie by Food Done Light
- Lemon & Blueberry Skillet Cake by Cosmopolitan Cornbread
- Lemon Key Lime Layer Snack Cakes by Crazed Mom
- Meyer Lemon Creme Brulee by Soulfully Made
- Pink Grapefruit Meringue Tart by Baking Sense
- Sittin’ On a Sandbar Key Lime Pie by Gourmet Everyday
- Starbucks Lemon Loaf Recipe by Life Tastes Good
- The Best Lemon Bars Recipe by That Skinny Chick Can Bake
- Triple Citrus Macaroon Mascarpone Tart by The Crumby Cupcake
- Triple Lemon Poke Cake by Shaken Together
- Homemade Grapefruit Soda by Hezzi-D’s Books and Cooks
- Pineapple Orange Smoothie by Dizzy Busy and Hungry
- Ruby Red Mimosa by Our Good Life
- Simple Meyer Lemon Margaritas by My Life Cookbook
- Watermelon Limeade by From the Bookshelf
Even more citrus recipes to make you smile!
|No Bake Lemon Cheesecake Squares|
|Pork Chops Romano in Lemon Butter Sauce|
|Meyer Lemon Loaf Cake|