Today I've got an easy and fun sugar cookie bar recipe that I've customized to showcase the color GREEN for St. Patty's Day! Mint M & M Sugar Cookie Bars!
I'm so very excited to be joining a group of wonderful bloggers in the Secret Recipe Club!! I've known about the club for some time now from several blogger friends who participate...and now I get to join the fun too!
If you aren't familiar with the Secret Recipe Club (SCR), here is how it works: Each month, I will get assigned to a new blog where I will choose one recipe from their collection, make it, and blog about it. At the same time, someone will be visiting my blog and making one of my recipes and blogging about it on their site. We all link back to each other and we get to learn about blogs that we might not have even known were out there! How fun is that??
My blog assignment for this month was See Aimee Cook. This is my first blog assignment since joining the club! I LOVE Aimee's blog! It's full of beautiful photos and mouth-watering recipes. Aimee is a Texas girl, who now lives in North Carolina...so many of her recipes have a Texas flair to them, but she also loves to learn and cook her local cuisine. It took me days of browsing her wonderful recipe collection before I settled on one to make.
The recipe I chose to make from Aimee's blog was one that I knew my kids and husband would adore! It's quick, easy and can be made without even getting your mixer out! Aimee's M&M Sugar Cookie Bars are a great snack or sweet treat anytime of the year! With St. Patty's Day just around the corner, I thought I'd make mine festive by using Mint M&M's.
We loved these cookies, and so will you! Thanks Aimee for the great recipe!
Mint MandM Sugar Cookie Bars
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 cups all purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup M and M's® (I used mint)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line an 8"x8" pan with parchment paper so the paper hangs over the sides OR spray the pan with cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine the melted butter and the sugar. Stir to combine with wooden spoon. Add in the egg and vanilla extract. Mix well.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt. Stir into the butter/egg mixture until it comes together to form a thick dough.
- Press the dough into the prepared baking pan. Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pan from oven and sprinkle MandM's over the surface. Carefully press the candies down into the dough.
- Return the dough to the oven for another 10-12 minutes. The surface of the cookies should be white with barely golden edges.
- Cool completely before slicing into 18 rectangular shaped bars.
Prep Time: 00:10
Cook time: 00:25
Tags: cookies, chocolate, bars, baking
Servings - 18 Serving Size- 1/18th of recipe PP per serving - 5P+
Calories - 165.7, Total Fat - 7.5g, Carb - 23g, Protein - 1.9g, Fiber - 0.5g