(Disclosure: I was provided with a Wilton Armetale Egg Tray for the purpose of this honest review. All opinions expressed are mine.) I love this egg tray! Not only is it beautiful, but like all Wilton Armetale products, it so versatile. Wilton Armetale products go from oven, to freezer, to table and fridge with ease. They are made from Armetale metal, which is a unique non-toxic, aluminum-based alloy that is ideal for cooking and entertaining. Hot foods cooked and served in Wilton Armetale stay hot longer and cold foods served in Wilton Armetale stay cold longer. Armetale products are durable. They will not crack, peel, tarnish, rust or chip under normal usage. Keep in mind, Wilton Armetale products are NOT dishwasher safe. Remember: Always handwash! With proper care, Wilton Armetale will last a lifetime and beyond.
This egg tray from the Flutes and Pearls Collection is the perfect vessel to serve your favorite deviled egg recipe or whatever you'd like to showcase on it. (Wouldn't it be a great serving tray for shrimp cocktail?) I was really impressed with how cold this tray kept the eggs. I put the tray in the refrigerator the night before I prepared these Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Candied Jalapeno Peppers. The chilled tray kept the eggs cold for over an hour at room temperature!
I really loved this recipe too! So different from the usual deviled egg recipe. Spicy, but not too spicy and the candied jalapenos topped the eggs off perfectly. There is something about a sweet/spicy combination that really appeals to me...and Sriracha? I mean, come on...it's all the rage these days!
Sriracha Deviled Eggs with Candied Jalapeno Peppers
- 12 large, hard boiled eggs, peeled
- 3 TBS granulated sugar
- 3 TBS water
- 1 large jalapeno pepper, sliced into thin rings
- 2 TBS reduced-fat cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/3 cup reduced- fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp. Sriaracha or to taste
- 2 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 TBS unseasoned rice vinegar
- salt and pepper, to taste
- paprika (optional)
- In a glass mug or small microwavable dish, combine the sugar and the water. Heat in microwave on high for about 1-2 minutes or until the sugar is fully dissolved into the water. Place the sliced jalapeno into the hot sugar/water mixture and set aside.
- Halve the hard boiled eggs long ways. Scoop out the yolks into a food processor fitted with the blade. Place the egg white shells onto your Wilton Armetale serving tray or whatever serving dish you are using.
- To the egg yolks in the food processor, add in the cream cheese, mayo, Sriracha, and Dijon mustard. Process until a smooth paste. With processor running, slowly add in the rice vinegar until it the mixture is nice and smooth and loose enough to pipe into egg white "shells". Add salt and pepper, to taste.
- Place the yolk mixture into a large piping bag and pipe into the reserved egg white "shells." (Or just spoon mixture into egg white shells.) Top each deviled egg with a slice of the reserved candied jalapeno and sprinkle with paprika, if desired.
Prep Time: 00 hrs. 15 mins.
Total time: 15 mins.
Tags: eggs, appetizer, spicy, jalapeno
Servings - 12 Serving Size - 2 deviled eggs Points Plus per serving - 3P+
Calories - 106.4, Total Fat - 6.8g, Carb. - 4.2g, Protein - 6.5g, Fiber - 0g
SORRY, CONTEST IS NOW CLOSED!!
Large Round Tray Pitcher Square Bowl Egg Tray Gravy Boat with Tray
a Rafflecopter giveaway